Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
About the team:
The Security team is responsible for the application and infrastructure security across all of Convoy. We are a team of Security and Software Engineers who own projects and platforms that support the secure implementation of Convoy products on our production stack. We provide product developers tools and patterns that are secure by default and directly own any security-related events with product teams as they arise. We work directly with product teams to review designs prior to implementation in order to resolve security concerns early in the development cycle and perform regular penetration tests on new and existing products. We work with product and engineering management to prioritize vulnerability remediation as part of our drive for operational excellence. We operate like the business stakeholder for security and regularly work with Convoy leadership and legal teams to weigh in on potential security issues. We are often consulted on matters of not only security but also privacy, fraud, and business practices.
You have experience managing high-functioning engineering teams. You are knowledgeable of Security Engineering practices. You have experience working across a wide range of teams to drive security priorities. You know how to rigorously prioritize and communicate with stakeholders what work they must take on in order to remain secure, what work the Security team will provide them, and what work we will defer to the backlog to be completed at a later time.
- Manage a talented and passionate team of Security Engineers
- Triage and plan the Security team roadmap balancing long-term architectural advancements against near-term mitigation and prevention priorities
- Work with knowledge of Convoy’s long-term goals to ensure that our Security is appropriate for each new stage of the company
- Coordinate across all product and business teams to drive secure practices and results
- Work with Convoy leadership, legal, finance and IT as the company’s security stakeholder
We’re looking for someone who has:
- Good knowledge of Security best practices and a passion for ongoing education of new threats, scenarios and practices
- Experience managing high-functioning engineering teams with multiple priorities
- The ability to work with company leadership as the security and risk stakeholder
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!