Remitly is on a mission to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial products on the planet. For nearly 10 years, we have been tirelessly delivering on our promises to immigrants sending their hard earned money home. Today, we are incredibly proud to have served millions of customers globally with Remitly and our newly launched banking product, Passbook. We strive daily to meet our promise to our customers by building peace of mind into everything we do. Join over 1,300 employees across 9 offices who are growing their careers while having a positive impact on people globally.
As an Engineering Manager at Remitly, you'll report to a Director and manage a team of engineers, with a focus on their development and leading the team to high-quality delivery with a multi-quarter outlook. You'll set a long-term vision, directing the team to make sound engineering decisions and appropriate tradeoffs between shipping code and technical investments. As a senior member of our engineering staff, you should reflect a growth and improvement mindset. Most of all, you should care about our customers and view great engineering as an avenue to reliably provide customer value.
As the manager of the Transaction Engineering team, you'll lead projects to:
- Modernize our core money transfer orchestration system, increasing its adaptability, observability, and reliability.
- Rearchitect core backend systems to increase their flexibility and scalability with a multi-year outlook.
- Abstract core domains to more easily allow the introduction of new business use cases and products.
What You'll Do:
- You'll lead the delivery of complex projects that involve multiple teams and systems across Remitly.
- You'll build frameworks and processes that empower the team to operate autonomously and make independent decisions.
- You'll create a positive and rewarding environment for the team.
- You'll lead hiring for the team, sourcing and interviewing a diverse set of candidates.
- You'll mentor more junior engineers and managers, helping them grow and improve their careers.
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 8+ years of experience with software development practices.
- 2+ years of experience leading system design/architecture across teams.
- 2+ years of experience leading technical teams.
- Expertise in one or more general purpose programming languages like Java or Go.
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman's potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer