Engineering Manager at Navigating Cancer
At Navigating Cancer, our mission is to improve the lives of cancer patients and those who care for them. We enable oncology clinics to provide personalized, efficient care to every patient by providing relevant educational materials, giving the whole care team visibility to patient issues and needs, and delivering useful insights so that care teams can identify and resolve gaps in care. Through our platform, patients receive a holistic service offering to support their individual goals and needs.
In order to advance our mission to – “Enable Personalized Care for Every Cancer Patient,” we are seeking candidates for an Engineering Manager:
- Hands-on leader responsible for managing the day-to-day activities for x- functional agile engineering team(s).
- Manage all aspects of the product and services development life cycle, including requirements and design analysis, DevOps Automation and Test automation through our CI/CD pipelines
- Collaborate with product managers, technical project managers, and other engineering leaders to define the product roadmap, technical strategy, and delivery milestones for your team(s).
- Guide your team(s) in the definition of service interfaces, clear user stories with well-defined acceptance criteria, intuitive technical designs that result in high- quality products.
- Design and develop front-end applications for both patients and clinicians.
- Develop a modern secure, scalable cross-platform API layer, micro-services (functional) and data services using open source development frameworks, libraries and tools.
- Foster a positive and motivating work environment with a strong focus on x- functional team building and collaboration. Mentor team members and help them meet their career growth objectives.
- Contribute and support the evolution of our development methodologies and processes.
- Experience leading teams building multi-tenant SaaS products.
- Experience working in an Agile delivery environment (Scrum) is a must
- 5+ years of leading software engineering team(s)
- Strong communication, client services, and interpersonal skills
- Experience or familiarity solving problems across a heterogeneous (multiple technology) platforms
- Fierce passion for collaboration, mentoring, and growing others
- Must have bias for action, and experience making things happen in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience managing offshore team members
- Strong Architecture & technical design experience
- Excitement for the mission of Navigating Cancer and a strong desire to impact an up-and-coming health care technology start-up
- BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field
- (Angular, React).
- Experience in developing secure & cloud-native API solutions.
- Passion about the way you develop software, a keen desire to write clean, precise unit tests for front-end applications and back-end services
- Experienced with GIT, Jira, and Jenkins.
- Experienced with both Relational and Document-centric data stores.
The ideal candidate will also have, but not required:
Experience working in Healthcare Tech.
Experience with Healthcare Interoperability standards: HL7, CDA, FHIR
Contributions to the open-source community
Why work here?
We support thousands of healthcare professionals and tens of thousands of cancer patients every day. We help cancer patients get better care—and consider this a valuable and meaningful reason to come to work everyday. You get to work with leading technology, wear many hats, and contribute every day to our business success! Join us to help us grow and establish ourselves as a world-class business. We are lean, agile, and lightweight. We believe in each other, believe in our work, and have fun along the way.
This position is full time (normally in our downtown Seattle office) - currently 100% remote during the COVID pandemic.
We offer competitive compensation, benefits and a fantastic work environment:
- Employer subsidized medical, dental and vision
- 401K + ROTH option
- Generous employee stock option plan
- Paid maternity/ paternity leave policy
- Educational stipend
Work with Purpose. Work together to improve the lives of cancer patients. Collaborate with team members, have passion, enthusiasm and mission for the work that we do.
Act with Integrity. Communicate openly, be honest, follow through.
Be Agile. Discover creative solutions, welcome change. Adapt and pursue continuous improvement.
Seek Simplicity. Reduce complexity for our customers and patients. Simplify our products, our processes and our messages.
Strive for Growth. Constantly strive to achieve personal, professional, and company goals. Continuous reflection, learning and achievement.