Engineering Manager at SoundCommerce
SoundCommerce is looking for an Engineering Manager that will lead a team of engineers responsible for onboard new customers to SoundCommerce. Providing a smooth onboarding process for our customers is a critical piece to SoundCommerce’s success. In this context, you will work with your team, invest in their personal growth, and support them in maximizing their impact on the business. As a SoundCommerce Engineering Manager, you should have a deep systems background and value technical excellence, and use that to guide the team towards well-engineered and durable solutions.
- Facilitate partnerships between engineering teams and customer engagement to onboard.
- Work closely with your team and stakeholders to enable sustainable and timely delivery of technical solutions to address business needs.
- Work with your team to develop processes and tooling that constantly improve the quality of our products and systems, ensuring that they meet product requirements, customer needs, and SLAs.
- Be technically involved and engage in substantive discussion when reviewing technical roadmaps and project implementation with the team.
- Lead engineers and accelerate their growth by providing thoughtful feedback, technical mentorship, and effectively manage performance.
- Work closely with our product team to execute on our vision and deliver in-demand features.
- Participate in an iterative, agile engineering process following Kaizen principles of continuous improvement.
- Be willing to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
- Encourage an inclusive mindset where everyone is a stakeholder and contributions are welcome.
- Integrate security, performance, scalability, and operational sustainability tenets into your work.
Required Skills & Experience
- Have a BA/BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent background experience
- Have deep knowledge of at least one general-purpose language (Scala, Java, C# or C++).
- Highly collaborative and communicate well with your teammates
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years of people management experience
- Experience optimizing performance of software for the best user experience
- Proven track record of delivering results in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
- Experience in Functional Programming; Scala, Haskell, Clojure.
SoundCommerce is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
SoundCommerce is interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are not able to sponsor visas.