Engineering Services Leader - North America at Qualtrics
Qualtrics, the leader in customer experience and creator of the Experience Management (XM) category, is changing the way organizations manage and improve the four core experiences of business––customer, employee, product, and brand. Over 11,000 organizations around the world are using Qualtrics to listen, understand, and take action on experience data (X-data™)––the beliefs, emotions, and intentions that tell you why things are happening, and what to do about it.
The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action that helps businesses attract customers who stay longer and buy more, engage employees who build a positive culture, develop breakthrough products people love, and build a brand people are passionate about. Join us as we help change the way people experience the world! Advance your career at a company that is dedicated to your ideas and growth, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, inclusive work environment.
Team and Responsibilities
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to collect, manage, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 11,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure that can open many doors!
About the Team
The mission of the Engineering Services team is to help support customer needs for features that are beyond the current Qualtrics platform. Often, these one-of-a-kind solutions are then picked up and become features in the core product. We listen to our customers every day and find technical solutions to real customer needs. In addition to solving custom and unique customer needs, this team also leads key innovation programs which target various industry verticals such as Healthcare and Education. This year, the team led key COVID development projects, such as www.testutah.com and many more.
Working on full stack solutions, the team supports delivery across multiple sales regions and is fully aligned with our engineering organization in terms of engineering excellence, standards and collaboration.
About you and the role:
To support the continued growth of the Qualtrics XM customer base we are seeking an engineering leader to lead a team of talented and passionate software development engineers based in Seattle, Washington and Provo, Utah.
You will be an owner, someone experienced with the full spectrum of activities involved with building and scaling custom products for customers, including brainstorming customer experiences, design, coding, testing, tuning and operational ownership.
This is the perfect opportunity for a person currently in an engineering management role seeking a challenge that allows them to work across customers, sales, professional services, and engineering. This role is ideal for someone who is a strong engineering manager, team leader, and team operator, who is looking to expand their leadership and influence, with a flare of entrepreneurial spirit.
In addition to leading your engineering teams, you will contribute to architecture and design consultation as part of the Qualtrics Services team, solving the biggest challenges for our most strategic customers.
- Guide your team to develop scalable, fast, robust, and simple web-based solutions to solve complex business problems.
- Work directly with our global clients to provide solutions and a great customer experience.
- Help us grow a north american / global team of software developers that work directly with our customers.
- Build team processes to prioritize features, deliver quality, and work with a sense of urgency to deliver value to your customers.
- Work in a highly collaborative environment and with cross-functional teams including our solution architect and technology consultant teams.
- Oversee the analysis, design, programming and delivery of customer features for our customers.
- Experienced in designing full stack services, solutions and features for our cutting edge, cloud-based eXperience Mangagement platform
- Understand and promote industry best practice.
- Select, coach and evaluate your team ensuring the efficient operation of the team.
- Run your team as a business.
Requirements for this role:
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related.
- Managed and coached software developers ranging in experience from graduate level up to seasoned professionals.
- You are proactive and able to deliver on initiatives that you start; you get things done and have a proven record of doing so.
- You have a strong background and technical capabilities in object oriented design and development with languages such as; Java, .NET. C#, Python, Ruby, C++ etc.
- Experience building, owning and operating highly scalable, highly available internet facing software services.
- Database / Data Storage experience (SQL & MySQL)
- 8 + years experience as software engineer
As a team we'll build the next industry-leading cloud-based insights platform, helping every business to become more customer-centric. We will not only shape our product, but improve the direction of the companies that use our platform through our choices. Come help us change the world!