Enterprise Solutions Engineer - West Coast US
Auth0, a global leader in Identity-as-a-Service (IDaaS), provides thousands of enterprise customers with a Universal Identity Platform for their web, mobile, IoT, and internal applications. Its extensible platform seamlessly authenticates and secures more than 1.5B logins per month, making it loved by developers and trusted by global enterprises. Auth0 has raised more than $110 million to date and continues its global growth at a rapid pace. We are consistently recognized as a great place to work based our outstanding leadership and dedication to company culture, and are looking for the best people to join our incredible team spread across more than 35 countries!
Auth0 continues to grow and so does the volume and complexity of the needs of our prospective customers. Security and identity management are now core concerns of every business. As a result we are building a dedicated pre-sales engineering team that will be the primary technical resource for all of our account executives. We will help engage the prospect where they have the greatest need and then fill that need through education and guidance to the best solution.
- Deliver interactive presentations and product demos.
- Lead Q&A sessions to prospective customers in order to understand their requirements.
- Present to all levels of the organization - from practitioner to C-level.
- Engage with multiple business units including software engineering, operations, product management and business stakeholders.
- Whiteboard Auth0 solutions with customer architectures.
- Execute well defined, outcome focused PoCs for prospects.
- Maintain a broad and deep technical understanding of the Auth0 product line and the underlying technologies and protocols.
- Stay up to date on industry trends through self study, research, online courses.
- Proactive engagement in local and regional events evangelizing Auth0 as a presenter and attendee.
- Work from home with up to 50% travel within region.
- A love for our primary customer profile: the software developer and architect.
- A passion to serve the customer, which has played out in some customer-facing role like consulting or support, ideally sales engineering.
- An ability to quickly communicate complex ideas around a technical topic, ideally on the fly at a whiteboard.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Expert in building relationships, listening and managing time.
- A desire to engage with the larger community by contributing to open source projects and participating in local events.
- Experience with SaaS and Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with at least one backend stack (eg. node, java, .NET).
- Experience with a popular frontend stack (eg. react, angular).
- Experience with at least one standard network security protocol (eg. OAuth, OAuth2, SAML, LDAP).
- An understanding of core security concerns within a typical application (password hashing, SSL/TLS, encryption at rest, XSS, XSRF).
- Solid experience with HTTP, with both HTML apps as well as REST services. This includes the ability to use the dev tools in a browser to explain HTTP traffic and an HTTP client (like curl or Postman) to interact with an HTTP service.
- 5+ years experience in pre-sales engineering.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description