Front End Engineer
Paying the right way, getting paid what you’re worth — it’s complicated, and it matters. Compensation used to be a dark art. Not anymore. PayScale helps employers and their employees understand the right pay for every position and effectively communicate about compensation.
PayScale pioneered the use of big data and unique matching algorithms to power the world’s most advanced compensation platform and continues to be the compensation market leader, featured in G2 Crowd's 100 Best Software Companies for 2018, based on user reviews.
Are you passionate about supporting millions of visitors a week and giving them the best experience possible? Join the Consumer Development team where our engineers work closely with product managers and designers to build an amazing experience that will have users coming back for more. We focus on crafting reusable UI components used across our site, building performant web pages, and running experiments to help inform our product and design roadmap.
Do you love breathing life into UI, prototyping new designs, and analyzing a user's journey? If so, then we want you to help us empower employers, employees, and job seekers with real-time data, compellingly and entertainingly presented. Come to a team where your voice is heard and your work has immediate impact.
- You will analyze and improve site performance visited by millions of users every month.
- You will build engaging user experiences from reusable ReactJS components.
- You will maintain strong engineering practices by writing unit and integration tests.
- You will collaborate with product owners and engineering managers to develop the feature set, schedule, and roadmap.
- You have 2+ years of front end development experience.
- You have eye for design with a passion to improve user experience.
- You have the ability and desire to work with a team of people solving complex problems that often require independent research with minimal supervision.
- You have excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills.
Benefits & Perks – The Highlights:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 10 paid holidays AND Summer office closure the entire week of July 4th
- Amazing Medical/Vision/Dental/Prescription coverage: 100% company-paid premiums for employees; 50% for eligible partners and dependents
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards: Medical, Dependent Care, Parking, and Transit
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Competitive Maternity and Paternity Leave, and onsite Mother’s Room
- 401k which vests immediately, complete with company match
- Onsite bike storage, lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Ergo friendly chairs and sitting-standing desks
- Company-hosted happy hours every Friday afternoon
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
Equal Opportunity Employer: PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.