Skilljar is seeking a versatile front-end engineer to join our fast-growing team. This person will join a team that is responsible for the front-end development of Skilljar's online training platform, content management dashboard, and our marketing website, skilljar.com.
We’re looking for someone with a successful track record as a web developer in an agile-like environment. You’ll be joining a small, close team that is rapidly growing, where you’ll have a lot of flexibility and will be self-paced. You will also have direct input into our product and the direction for the front end.
You should be comfortable wearing multiple hats in a highly ambiguous environment, building and iterating on processes on the fly, and working closely with multi-functional teams. This role is an opportunity to join an industry-leading, thriving startup that is defining the customer education and training market.
- Develop web applications using the latest technologies including Vue, SCSS, ES6, and webpack.
- Collaborate with product managers, designers, and backend engineers to create delightful user experiences.
- Write high-quality code and participate in design and code reviews.
- Evaluate front-end technologies and contribute to decision-making conversations about applying them to your team’s product.
- 3+ years as a web developer using MVC frameworks like Django, Rails, or equivalent technology.
- Production experience with ECMAScript 6 (ES6) and have used reactive frameworks such as Vue, React, or Angular.
- You are knowledgeable on best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Experience maintaining an existing code base while we transition to modern frameworks is a major plus.
- Experience with building front-end APIs with service-oriented backends is also a plus.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.
Skilljar's mission is to empower Customer Training and Enablement teams to successfully onboard, engage and retain customers. Leading global enterprise organizations such as Cisco and Verizon rely on Skilljar to accelerate customer onboarding and time-to-value. Backed by some of the world's most prominent financial institutions including Mayfield, Shasta Ventures, and Trilogy Equity Partners, Skilljar is building the customer training platform of choice for enterprises. We are a professional and experienced team with roots from Amazon, and a fun work environment just a few blocks from Westlake Center in downtown Seattle. This is an amazing opportunity to join a funded, early stage startup. Come join our team!
Skilljar is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, veteran status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status or disability (in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act) with respect to employment opportunities.
Skilljar does not accept nor are we responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes, LinkedIn bios, or any other candidate introductions.