Frontend Software Engineer, Fleet at Axon
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Location: Seattle, WAYour Impact
Axon has revolutionized Law Enforcement with a suite of connected devices, cloud services and apps that work together to protect life, reduce social conflict and accelerate truth and justice. You will work on applications that communicate to these devices and that manage information about evidence collected by law enforcement. You will be part of the Axon team where we cultivate an environment that favors team work, initiative, and creative thinking. You will be working on a brand new realization of the Fleet patrol car experience.
- Deliver front-end experiences for our new next generation patrol car experience, Fleet 3.
- Develop on ever evolving prototype hardware.
- Utilize React.js with Redux and Typescript.
- Closely coordinate with your squad and larger team to leverage RESTful services from the in-car hub.
- Scale into new skills like backend services.
- Work with the design team for new features and iterations.
- Deliver design documentation for major features and changes.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver your features on-time and assist the broader team in front-end code reviews.
- 3+ years of a professional software development experience backed by strong computer science fundamentals.
- Excellent design, development, debugging, and customer-centric maintenance skills within the software-development life cycle.
- Front-end production experience with React.js (or other equivalent modern framework).
- Career that demonstrates taking on new technology and challenges and delivering high-quality, maintainable results.
- Electron application framework development experience.
- Experience with photo and video digital media, including video playback and encoding.
- Experience developing with smart, connected devices.
- Experience with back-end development in creating client-connected services.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with police officers to see them use our technology and get inspired
- And more...
NOTE: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Additionally, if you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.