Golang/Linux Systems Engineer
Gravitational is a profitable open source software startup with offices in Oakland, Seattle and Toronto. Our mission is to empower developers to run their applications anywhere.
We do this by developing and supporting our infrastructure software solutions, which have thousands of users and over 10,000 stars on Github. Our two primary solutions are Teleport, our modern security gateway for managing cloud native infrastructure, and Gravity, our Kubernetes packaging solution that delivers true application portability.
We are hackers. We love Linux and low level systems programming and we love helping open source communities and other engineers to get things done.
We are also dedicated to our friends, families, and hobbies outside of work. Our past experiences building companies taught us about the importance of life and work balance. It matters even more when you are building a lasting company, like Gravitational.
You understand how computers work and what role an operating system plays. You know why the Linux kernel is written in C and not any other language. You have a favorite file system, you know what a syscall is and you are comfortable exploring
/sys. You like using Go every day, are not afraid of Makefiles and you enjoy when thousands of servers bend to your will.
ABOUT THE JOB
You will be working on our open source products:
- Teleport - the smart replacement for OpenSSH.
- Gravity - image-based deployment solution for Kubernetes applications.
- The range of problem solving includes networking, performance, security and integrations with existing systems.
- Build and test cycles are measured in seconds, integration tests are running in minutes.
- Most of the code you will write will be open source.
- Our products are loved by their users, you’ll get to talk to some of them on Slack.
- We practice thorough code reviews and have an open designprocess.
Here are some of the example projects you may be working on:
- Adding additional SSO providers support to Teleport enterprise code base and improving existing integrations.
- Improving Kubernetes protocol support in our proxy.
- Implementing RDP proxy with recording and replay.
You should be comfortable changing the area of focus and working directly with customers.
ABOUT THE LOCATIONS AND BENEFITS
We offer competitive compensation and benefits - including equity grant, platinum level healthcare insurance (supplemental insurance for Toronto), 401k and commuter benefits. We offer relocation to any of the following locations:
- Seattle, WA
- Oakland, CA
- Toronto, Canada
Gravitational is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.