Graphics Test Engineer
Are you a highly motivated and talented Technical Artist or Test Engineer with an interest in Graphics? You will work alongside core Unity Graphics Programmers to ensure the functionality, stability, and usability of Unity as a primary tool and runtime platform for users.
You will get access to new, often unannounced features and are responsible for ensuring their quality. This naturally includes testing if all the basic functionality works, but also extends to figuring out if the feature does what you expect it to do (including workflows and usability) and creating more elaborate scenarios, usually representing real-life usage. You will get to create art, code, and produce scenes during this process utilizing all of your skills, with the complete creative freedom to approach this in whichever way you prefer.
Your graphics test engineer team colleagues will mostly be technical artists, which will allow you to share knowledge, communicate, and improve with people who possess a variety of skills relevant to game development.
- Provide feedback about the state of the Unity product in order to support the development and inform development decisions
- Provide feedback on the usability of the graphics pipeline of new features
- Work closely with developers to provide early feedback to new features and functionality
- Create sample projects and targeted demos to emulate real-world usage of new features
- Develop and maintain the test approach for your designated areas of the product
- Collaborate with other testers and developers in an agile environment
- Work with customers to reproduce their bug reports in-house, provide assistance and advice
- Experience working with, or extensive knowledge of, 3D game graphics
- Comfortable writing in C#
- Working shader knowledge, or experience using node-based shader editors
- Prior experience using Unity or similar engines
- Programming experience with scripting languages
- Experience in creating Environment Art for games
- Work experience in Quality Assurance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment, proactive and positive attitude
- Great problem-solving skills and a detail-oriented approach
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s leading real-time 3D development platform, giving users the most powerful and accessible tools to create, operate, and monetize experiences for the real-time world. Unity empowers anyone, regardless of skill level and industry, to create 3D visual content using world-class technology, operate using resources that maximize ease-of-use, and monetize, so that they can find success with their creations.
The company’s 1,000 person development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners such as Google, Facebook, Oculus, Autodesk, and Microsoft to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Made with Unity experiences reach nearly 3 billion devices worldwide and have been installed more than 34 billion times in the last 12 months. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.