Hardware Test Engineer at ServiceNow
Work matters. It’s where we spend a third of our lives. And the workplace of the future is going to be a great place. We’re dedicated to bringing that to life for people everywhere. That’s why we put people at the heart of everything we do.
People matter. Our people have a passion for learning, building, and innovating. Whether you’re an engineer, a sales professional, a finance professional, or anything in-between, our roles aim to provide each person with meaningful impact and plenty of space to grow.
The Hardware Engineering Team works with some of the most innovative and advanced technologies in the business. The Hardware Engineering Team is a very collaborative and inclusive team where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional, open yet relaxed work atmosphere.
As a Hardware Test Engineer you will be a member of the team that is responsible for global hardware architecture, design, and standards. Our challenges are complex and unique; this team designs and builds the hardware that powers all of our services. In this role you will:
What you get to do in this role:
- Drive hardware enhancements from original concept through final implementation across all system architectures and assess impact to performance and capacity.
- Assist Hardware Architects in testing and evaluating new products, identify root causes of issues through testing, and make sound recommendations to resolve issues.
- Work closely with development teams to understand impacts of new platform architectures and system components.
- Identify novel hardware/software technologies and architectures and benchmark potential changes to prove your theories.
- Prepare, execute and document results of diagnostic test plans on engineering prototypes including power validation, reliability and performance.
- Strive for efficiency and efficacy in test execution, data gathering, data analysis and reporting.
- Cultivate strong working relationships with customers, component suppliers and manufacturing to further quality goals.
In order to be successful in this role, we need
- 3+ years profiling and evaluating LAMP stack (Linux, Java, MySQL/MariaDB) performance.
- 5+ years evaluating and implementing new server and storage technologies.
- Proficiency in scripting with Bash and Python.
- Desirable: Experience with high availability storage solutions (SAN, FC, iSCSI) and virtualization architectures.
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects successfully.
- Understand component architecture and be able to create test plans at both the device and system levels.
- Excellent communication & customer skills, problem solving, conflict management, and time management required. Must be able to communicate at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), or Computer Science (CS) or related field.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.