If you are passionate about building an industry leading supply chain and technology in the pet industry, come join us!
Chewy is looking for a Director of Order Routing to join our Supply Chain Technology team in Seattle, WA or Boston, MA.
We are seeking an executive technology leader who excels from strategy to tactical implementation of Supply Chain Planning technology, can lead a team high bar technical resources, and is passionate about solving complex problems for internal and external customers. This leader should have depth and breadth to lead both Research/Data Science and Software Engineering.
As a single threaded owner, you will have end to end ownership of Chewy’s order routing systems that optimize the customer orders to achieve ‘best in show’ delivery experience while minimizing costs. A successful leader would have great technical acumen, deep understanding of Supply Chain planning, experience developing systems that scale and be comfortable in dealing with ambiguity. Strong communication skills are required as you will be working closely with senior executives in influencing and establishing the roadmap for future evolution of our systems.
You will lead a diverse team of Research/Data Scientists, SDMs, TPMs, and Engineers who are passionate about making Chewy the ecommerce platform for all pet parents. With high business growth every year, you will lead the team to scale and develop solutions that accelerate achieving business plans.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement the long-term strategy and vision for scaling the Order Routing systems to support the business growth and vision.
- Develop and operationalize analytical and science-based tools/models iteratively to support growing business use cases and complexity.
- Develop and deliver on key performance indicators for click-to-delivery speed, on-time delivery, network allocation, and transportation costs.
- Recruit, hire, and mentor exceptional Research, Data Science, and Engineering Talent.
- Build a world-class Routing platform that is powered by sound Data Science models
- Champion innovation to simplify current solutions and methodologies, while accelerating time to market.
- Raise the bar on Service Levels and Customer Experience
- Be a thought leader and contribute to the product and technical vision for Supply Chain Technology at Chewy
- Communicate strategy and status to senior executives and partners/stakeholders across Chewy
- Bring industry leading insights to inform the future roadmap of Supply Chain systems.
What You'll Need:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
- 7+ years of experience on architecting fault tolerant, high scale distributed systems in retail or ecommerce industry.
- 5+ years of experience managing Engineering teams at scale
- 3+ years of experience managing Research Science, Data Science/Machine Learning teams
- Demonstrated ability to formulate data driven decisions that lead to results
- Demonstrated ability to conceptualize, manage, and prioritize multiple projects
- Demonstrated ability to build high performing teams
- Supply Chain Experience
- Travel may be required
- Advanced Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or related field with a minimum of 7 years of relevant software development and engineering management experience