Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
What is the Rover Now Team at Rover:
In 2017, Rover launched Rover Now - a new way for dog owners to book walks for their pets instantly, with no searching required. Since then, Rover Now has become our fastest growing service, rapidly expanding into our top markets. We function as a "startup within a startup" - an autonomous business unit facing all the challenges of hyper-growth, while benefiting from extensive support across the broader organization.
Who we're looking for:
Rover.com is looking for an iOS Engineer to join our growing team of talented Mobile Engineers. We are looking for passionate individuals who are interested in working closely with our Design, Product and Web teams to help support the needs of our owners and sitters.
- 4+ years as a professional iOS Developer
- Strong CS fundamentals
- Passionate about writing clean, well-tested code
- Experience working with continuous integration environments
- Proficient with Swift
- Plus: Core Data Experience, Objective-C
- We are proud to be professional software developers building high quality, scalable, supportable solutions
- We embrace progressive engineering practices including a continuous deployment pipeline and automated testing.
- We're serious about the quality of our production operation, and have thorough system, application and user interaction monitoring and anomaly detection.
- We're thoughtful and focused on decision-making with split testing
- Our teams are integrated team with developers, product managers and designers working side-by-side.
- And, dogs in the office. Bring yours, too!
Why We'll Hire You:
- You're qualified for the position and your values align with Rover's Core Values
- You get along well with others and thrive in a collaborative, team-oriented environment
- You're eager to learn and improve your craft as a software engineer
- You're able to take loose requirements, work with others to figure out what needs to be done, and drive a project forward
- You can be your own QA team
- You have the intuition for when to call it "good enough" and ship, and when to put in the extra time to polish
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.