● Support web-related systems as member of this team with primarily front-end coding responsibility, with an opportunity to build service using Node.
● Develop quality code that is well-documented, unit testable, and production-ready.
● Understand and implement business requirements - from the development of new components and features, to systems integration.
● Understand/support lead generation and the UX goals of the web marketing team.
● Take initiative to research and learn emerging technologies when asked.
● Work with other developers, QA engineers, and devops.
● Be passionate about building web solutions that are resilient, secure and scalable to function in a global, 24/7 intensive business environment.
● 3+ years software engineering experience, with broad understanding of web principles and technologies.
● 3+ years HTML/CSS.
● Experience with unit testing and test-driven development
● Experience using RESTful APIs.
● Familiar with responsive development.
● Experience with GIT required (Jenkins a bonus).
● Proactive communication skills.
● Track record of accurate task breakdown/estimation, and delivering on time and in scope.
● Experience using project tracking software (Jira a bonus).
● Experience in Agile development.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.