In this role you will have the opportunity to make a magnificent impact on a greenfield project. You will do this by joining the front lines of the engineering team as our first security-related specialist. You will be responsible for the security of both the product as well as the operations.
You will act as the security expert, consulting our engineering team, to help us evaluate, design, implement and operationalize, critical security processes so that our systems and data (and those our customers entrust to us) are protected 24/7/365. This will ultimately help us land enterprise-class customers by achieving best of breed security. Come help us become the most secure company in the industry!
The Engineering and Product teams consist of 40 talented and passionate team members, working to make Knock the premier software product in the Multifamily real estate industry. The Lead Security Engineer will work closely with every one of these team members and report to the VP of Engineering.
We started Knock to solve problems we faced ourselves as consumers: the process of renting an apartment sucked. It was disorganized, time consuming, and frustrating. It seemed landlords were stuck in the past and didn’t understand how to use technology to their advantage. But the problems and solutions seemed obvious to us, and we had a vision for what a better experience should be. After validating our insights with a few early customers (who became investors) we got to work partnering with real estate companies to deliver on turning that vision into reality.
Seven years later, we have helped our property management customers find apartments for millions of renters. We’ve developed an industry-defining SaaS platform, an intelligent front office platform providing the productivity and business intelligence tools needed to maximize occupancy, rent growth, and customer satisfaction at every community. Our customers trust us to deliver the consumer experiences and business applications that are essential to their bottom line. The proof is in our 10x revenue growth over the past two years, in addition to our numerous industry awards.
In March of 2019 we announced we raised a $10m Series A round to continue to accelerate growth and product development, led by Madrona Venture Group: https://www.geekwire.com/2019/madrona-leads-10m-round-knock-crm-communications-service-apartment-landlords/
In January 2020 we were honored to receive recognition as one of Seattle’s Best Small Companies to Work by BuiltIn Seattle: https://www.builtinseattle.com/companies/best-small-places-to-work-seattle-2020
In May 2020 we announced we raised a $12m Series B round to continue on the path of growth, led by Madrona Venture Group, with partners from Lead Edge Capital and Seven Peaks Ventures:https://www.geekwire.com/2020/product-built-times-like-seattle-startup-knock-raises-12m/
At Knock, we have a #oneteam philosophy. A big part of bringing new capabilities to life is to continue to bring in exceptional talent that works together toward a common goal. We’ve been incredibly fortunate to build an amazing team that delivers real value to our customers each and every day. We can’t wait to hear from you!
- Ensure the security of our company, product, and data for us and our customers
- Evaluate, design, and implement critical security processes
- Guide the team on information security related technologies, such as firewall configuration, certificate management, handling of data privacy issues, monitoring and responding to emerging threats
- Continuously improve our security monitoring, detection and incident management processes and systems in conjunction with DevOps
- Diagnose and respond to any emergent security issues or incidents
- Lead security reviews on all new Knock products and features
- Ensure compliance with data retention policies, including compliance with CCPA/GDPRSupport the preparation and compliance with audit processes such as SOC 2
- Support the marketing and sales functions in integrating security information into customer facing communications
- 5+ years of information security experience
- Expertise engaging and interacting with auditors, penetration testers, and experts outside your organization
- Experience working through SOC 2 compliance or equivalent
- Experience working with a cloud stack such as AWS or equivalent
- Experience developing and implementing data retention and protection policies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why You'll Love It Here
- 100% medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Flexible time off & paid holidays
- 401k to help you save for the future
- Stock options
- Gym membership at LA Fitness Signature Clubs
- We like to do fun things together! Conferences, off site retreats, and happy hours
- Parental leave program
- Whatever mode of transportation you use - we got you covered!
- Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the Knock team
- Plus free lunch on Fridays!
At Knock we don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.