Lead Server Programmer
Who we are
We’re ArenaNet. We make the games we want to play a reality, and infuse them with innovation, hand-crafted detail, and creative passion. As developer and publisher of the award-winning Guild Wars game series, we’re proud to share our passion for the online worlds we’ve created with over 11 million players worldwide.
Why join the Platform Programming team?
- Are you passionate about building robust online platforms? We take pride in creating the platforms behind one of the most successful online games. We value quality and are always looking to improve.
- Do you like to solve a wide variety of problems? In addition to developing the backend servers, we also build our DevOps, ETL and many other core infrastructures.
- Do you enjoy working on impactful projects? We are a small team. Each member shares a great deal of autonomy and responsibility.
What we’ve worked on recently
- We shipped a new Guild Wars 2 expansion and another season of our episodic content.
- We migrated our entire datacenters to AWS with no service downtime!
- We are building the core infrastructures for our next generation of games.
What you will work on
Your software architecture, distributed programming, team management and collaboration skills will be essential in helping us succeed. Here is a glimpse the kinds of work you will do:
- Expand our robust microservices system using C++, SQL and AWS services.
- Plan and implement the infrastructure for all our future products.
- Lead and manage the server team at technical and personal development levels.
- Collaborate with other leads and external partners on many new and larger projects.
Join our team!
This is a full time on-site position at our studio in Bellevue, Washington. A casual, friendly work environment, comprehensive benefits package, competitive salary, and more are all part of what makes ArenaNet a great place to work.
ArenaNet is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
ArenaNet LLC participates in E-Verify.