Lead Software Engineer, IoT
VIZIO, Inc., headquartered in Irvine, California, is America's Smart TV and Sound Bar Company. VIZIO's mission is to be the industry leader in Consumer Electronics by consistently delivering the latest technologies at the most affordable price. VIZIO's brand promise is to deliver innovative, premium-quality consumer electronics with an unwavering focus on the needs of our consumers. We are currently seeking a Lead Software Engineer, IoT at our Seattle, WA offices.
The engineer will be responsible for building and managing user experiences between TV, mobile and Iot Devices. The Seattle office is a fast-paced, highly collaborative start-up like environment that primarily focuses on the SmartCast product line. Your primary focus will be the design and development of the IoT infrastructure. This position requires a passion to push the envelope and to innovate new solutions that are ahead of the industry.
You will be expected to collaborate with designers, product managers, program managers, fellow team members, and vendors. You are self-driven and pragmatic, with an ability to execute in an agile environment.
Additional responsibilities will include building a relationship with various vendors and participate in design and code reviews.
- Design, develop, and architect customer-facing applications.
- Facilitate good technical designs and solutions based on modern software development patterns and practices.
- Write unit tests to cover all requirements/functionality.
- Work with designers and tech team to optimize solutions for speed, beauty, and product effectiveness.
What you bring to the table:
- B.S., M.S., or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field
- Background in Network Stack, IoT, and MQTT
- 5+ years of experience with Software Development
- Solid understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
- Work well in teams, respecting and welcoming ideas from partners, business stakeholders, and technical experts
- Experience with AWS infrastructure
- Experience with API Documentation: Swagger/RAML/API Blueprint, etc.
- End to end testing, building out testing harnesses
- Experience with WebSockets
VIZIO, Inc. reserves the right to change or modify the employee's job description whether orally or in writing, at any time during the employment relationship. VIZIO, Inc. may require an employee to perform duties outside his/her normal description.