Lead, Software Engineering at Unity Technologies
The Web Platform team is a small and agile group responsible for building the future of WebGL at Unity. Joining Unity's Web Platform team means not just helping build one of the most popular game engines in the world, but having an opportunity to advance one of the largest segments of the market and help shape some of the newest.
We are looking for an entry level manager to lead a small team of engineers to help shape the future of Unity on the web. You are probably familiar with real-time, browser-based application development using technologies such as HTML5, WebGL, WebAssembly or Emscripten, and you know how to lead a team to deliver the tools and workflows developers need to successfully ship games for the Web.
- Collaborate with Unity R&D across the globe to improve and extend Unity WebGL, Unity’s Web-based platform
- Help build 1.0 of Project Tiny, Unity’s new Data Oriented Technology Stack (DOTS) runtime for instant games
- Lead a small team of developers to deliver high quality features and performance improvements for Unity on the web
- Experience leading a team
- Strong system level C++/C skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Performance-minded development
- Development experience with technologies such as LLVM, WebGL, Emscripten and/or WebAssembly
- Working knowledge of current Web Standards and browser compatibility
- C# development experience
- OpenGL / Direct3D experience
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
- Product or Project management experience
About Unity Technologies
Unity is the world’s leading platform for creating and operating real-time 3D (RT3D) content. Creators, ranging from game developers to artists, architects, automotive designers, filmmakers, and others, use Unity to make their imaginations come to life. Unity’s platform provides a comprehensive set of software solutions to create, run and monetize interactive, real-time 2D and 3D content for mobile phones, tablets, PCs, consoles, and augmented and virtual reality devices.
The company’s 1,400+ person research and development team keeps Unity at the forefront of development by working alongside partners to ensure optimized support for the latest releases and platforms. Apps developed by Unity creators were downloaded more than three billion times per month in 2019 on more than two billion unique devices. For more information, please visit www.unity.com.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.