Lead, Tooling Engineer at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:02 a.m. (PST) on Friday, October 9, 2020
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
The Tooling Team is part of the Customer Success - Technical Field Solutions Team (TFS). TFS is responsible for the continuous innovation of the content, tooling, and approaches that enable the CS organization to scale effectively while delivering consistent exceptional experiences. The Tooling team is specifically responsible for building the tooling and services that support the entire field team.
The Tooling Team Lead is a person with a strong technical and engineering background who can be a player & coach leading the Tooling Team to deliver on the TFS responsibilities.
- Create an inspiring team environment with an open communication culture
- Define roadmaps, strategies, visions and set clear team goals
- Communicate to stakeholders timelines, milestones, and risks.
- Collaborate with the other TFS team leads to drive a common roadmap, strategy and vision across TFS
- Partnering across Auth0 departments to identify opportunities for new tooling and services to drive scale and efficiencies.
- Manage the team goals through to delivery
- Provide leadership, support, guidance and team management
- Drive new technical tools and new features of existing tools, both internal and external that are functional, flexible, simple, and intuitive
- Support cross-team collaboration engagements as required
- Ensure the tooling services are production-ready, supported and meeting defined SLA’s
- Maintain and enable the Tooling Team to maintain a broad and deep technical understanding of the Auth0 product line and the underlying technologies and protocols
Skills and Abilities
- 10+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of experience leading a team
- Experience with SaaS and Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure)
- Experience with containerization (Kubernetes, Docker)
- Experience with at least one backend stack (ideally Node.js)
- Experience with a popular frontend stack (eg. React, Angular)
- Experience in writing documentation / blogs / designs
- Awareness of the importance of security on design decisions
- Experience putting products and services through the whole lifecycle
- Ability to work with a small, fast-paced team
- Knowledge of and experience with development, product management, and project management methodologies
- Experience developing requirements and delivering new and/or updated functionality and system integration
- Ability to learn and integrate new technologies quickly
- Strong user experience sensibility
- Experience creating and managing documentation
- Experience with process mapping/process management tools a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with CI/CD methodologies, tools and platforms
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.