Pivotal Commware develops 5G communications platforms, systems and applications based on Holographic Beam Forming® , a patented breakthrough in electromagnetic physics. HBF allows Pivotal to create software-defined antennas that can harness, shape and direct radio waves with order-of magnitude advantages over legacy beamforming systems in cost, size, weight and power consumption (C-SWaP). HBF enables mobile network operators to maximize capacity, coverage and throughput on demand and is recognized as an essential element in the 5G ecosystem. 5G leadership is pivotal to the US economy, and 5G is Pivotal™.
Pivotal is seeking an experienced Linux BSP Software Engineer to support and lead fast-paced projects while working closely with a small group of scientists, engineers, and business leaders in a start-up environment. The candidate will be responsible for board bring-up, Linux drivers and general BSP support.
The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to think creatively and to operate within a flexible, fast-paced program dedicated to advancing the state of the art Holographic Beamforming Antenna systems. Candidate will work in our Embedded Software team, dealing with Linux BSP, drivers, and embedded firmware development. This position is contractual through the remainder of the year and reports to the Embedded Software Development Manager.
• Develop BSP for ARM processor based boards including U-Boot, Linux kernel, and device driver development for initial board bring-up and system integration
• Maintain and support Yocto embedded Linux build system in a continuous integration environment, including packaging and deployment of software using version control
• Participate and contribute to software architecture for a variety of hardware components
• Maintain and enhance current embedded Linux kernel code and scripts
• Implement software for a high volume consumer device
• Bachelor’s degree in CE, CS, EE or related degree with 5+ years of experience as an Embedded Linux Engineer/Firmware Engineer or related title
• 2+ years hands-on board bring-up and Linux device driver development experience
• Experience in developing and debugging device drivers, bootloaders, or board support packages
• Strong proficiency with C, embedded Linux, and Yocto
• Understanding schematics, experience with logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and JTAG
• SPI and I2C busses, BLE, and/or LTE modem driver experience
• The individual must have excellent communication skills and coordinate with a cross-disciplinary team throughout all phases of development
• This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
• Secure boot, TrustZone, OP-TEE, authentication/encryption, and/or security hardware accelerator experience
• Hands-on DDR calibration and debug experience
• Experience with FreeRTOS or another real-time operating system
• Solid knowledge of Linux kernel internals (process scheduling, memory management, IPC) and networking protocols and file system
• Strong proficiency with C++
• Practical development understanding of GIT version control
At Pivotal you’ll join a team experienced in advanced communications, commercial antennas, RF circuit design, machine learning and active/nonlinear metamaterials.
Named among Washington’s Top 100 Places to Work in 2018 & 2019, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly respect and seek to empower each individual while supporting diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce. If you want to apply yourself to this fascinating endeavor, then we’d like to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description