Manager, Engineering at Expedia Group
Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created an expansive marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
Are you passionate about data and the technology needed to drive a multi-million-dollar business? Do you love building creative, high-scale data products using a diverse set of state-of-the-art technologies? Does leading a global, dynamic, and growing engineering organization energize you?
We are looking for an Engineering Manager who will drive the innovation and scale of the advertising products for Expedia Group Media Solutions. The mission will be to leverage data technology to power a vibrant advertising marketplace, an insight driven sales and marketing workforce, and personalized and targeted ad content for our customers. From strategy, to technical design, to execution, and optimization, – your role is to deliver a premier suite of products & services that will delight our advertisers and customers, while creating a working environment where top technical talent will thrive.
Successful team members in Media Solutions are fully accountable for themselves, their teams, and project delivery in a fast-paced and high-reaching environment. We understand and embody the 'One Team' philosophy and always strive to model the Expedia Group principles. We find creative ways to implement learning from ideas like Agile, Lean, Continuous Delivery and the Scientific Method in many aspects of leadership, management, delivery and operations. We are committed to a growth mindset and learning.
- Manage a medium-sized team of software developers and software engineers in test to deliver software
- Collaborate with product and engineering teams to leverage the latest technologies, define new platform features and build the technical product backlog
- Engineer scalable, fault tolerant software components for serving ads
- Prototype creative solutions quickly and be able to collaborate with others in crafting and implementing your technical vision.
- Contribute and collaborate in creation and consumption of open, standards-based solutions, while working with existing Expedia technologies and infrastructure.
- Identify opportunities for process and tool improvements and drive those from concept to implementation.
- Strong technical background with 7+ years of relevant experience in technical development and 2+ years of technical leadership role as a Lead/Manager for a major feature or product
- Technical skills: HTML, CSS, Angular and other front end (UI) technologies
- Proven track record of shipping high quality products in high load production environments, world-class enterprise and/or ecommerce systems
- Structured approach to development (measuring, monitoring, and testing) and a deep understanding of object-oriented design
- Ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies
- Excellent understanding of development concepts and SDLC methodologies
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- GitHub profile and/or contributions to the open source community
- Knowledge of operating system internals, file systems, compilers
- Experience with online advertising
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
*LI-MH2Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.