Manager, Site Reliability / DevOps
Highspot is a leading SaaS provider of modern sales enablement solutions. Using Highspot, sales teams have content and guidance in one place, preparing them for every sales conversation. Advanced analytics help marketing and sales gain a deep understanding of how content is performing so they can optimize content investment and amplify best practices. Highspot helps companies achieve their revenue goals faster through tighter alignment and coordination between sales, marketing, and the entire go-to-market team.
About the Role
Highspot is seeking a manager and lead engineer to head our Reliability team. This player-coach manager role is ideal for an experienced SRE or DevOps Engineer looking to bring both their individual contributor and leadership skills to bear as we invent the future of reliability and operations at Highspot. In addition to hands-on work as an operations and reliability expert, this role offers the autonomy and creativity to expand the Reliability team to keep pace with Highspot’s growth and to address the challenges facing the engineering team.
We embrace the total-ownership model with engineers on-call for their own services in a supportive and collaborative environment. Our Reliability team supports engineering teams with self-service tooling, best-practice configuration and architecture, automation, instrumentation, configuration management, education, and hands-on support as a hybrid Systems / Software Engineering practice.
Individual Contributor Responsibilities:
- Work with a growing team of experienced developers to ensure Highspot applications are instrumented, scalable, reliable, and delightful for our customers.
- Participate in code and architecture reviews, rotating on-call, post-mortems, and planning.
- Improve observability and monitoring to maximize reliability and minimize disruption.
- Develop automation and tooling to accelerate writing, testing, and delivery of code with minimal fuss.
- Facilitate Highspot’s global expansion by automating provisioning of new regional cloud data centers.
- Support turnkey onboarding of new engineers as Highspot continues its rapid growth.
- Instrument critical infrastructure so we can accurately forecast our short- and mid-term capacity requirements.
- Devise and implement policies for data retention, security, and auto-scaling.
- Build beautiful and informative dashboards that deliver actionable insights about our infrastructure.
- Make Highspot a great place to write code.
- Reporting to the Sr. Director of Engineering, you’ll develop and execute on a staffing plan that ensures our Reliability / DevOps team keeps pace with Highspot’s growth, supports the career advancement of your team, and reflects the changing needs of our engineering team and the business at large.
- As the team grows, work closely with Highspot’s recruiting team to identify, recruit, and hire top talent, upholding Highspot’s commitment to diversity and to closing the gender gap in tech.
- Develop, own, and execute on a roadmap that addresses our immediate challenges and maps an incremental approach to longer-term reliability, automation, and instrumentation goals.
- Inspire and motivate the team to do their best work. Advocate for the tools, process, and resources to enable their ongoing success.
- Apply agile practices to continuously improve the velocity of your team and remove roadblocks
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of the engineers on your team.
- Manage vendors within your domain, including providers of cloud hosting services, production infrastructure, monitoring, alerting, etc.
A little bit about you:
- You believe that automation is the key to building humane, reliable, systems.
- You're an excellent troubleshooter and gracefully-proficient on the command-line.
- You understand Continuous Integration (CI), Continuous Delivery (CD), and Release Engineering best-practices.
- You have a strong background in Cloud Infrastructure automation and maintenance (we use primarily AWS).
- You've monitored large-scale SaaS apps and understand how to instrument code for observability.
- You have great interpersonal communication skills and work well in a diverse, team-focused environment.
- You're driven by empathy to support, learn, and guide the team to be successful.
- You’re proficient with at least two programming languages (we use a lot of Ruby and we’re particularly interested in someone who understands release engineering for Java).
- You’re an expert at Kubernetes and proficient in configuration management (we use Chef).
- Exceptional medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Flexible work and vacation schedules
- Transportation benefits
- Competitive compensation
- Fully-stocked kitchen with healthy snacks and drinks
- Free catered Friday lunches
- Company bonding events throughout the year
- Open and spacious office, based in the heart of Seattle
- Great views of the city and Puget Sound
- Meaningfully contribute to a compelling vision
- Environment to do your best work
We aim to build an inclusive workforce. If you’re passionate about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we still encourage you to apply. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship, color, ethnicity, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or invisible disability status, political affiliation, veteran status, race, religion, or sexual orientation.
Highspot helps sales teams improve customer conversations and achieve their revenue goals. From content optimization and performance analytics to in-context training, guided selling, and more, the Highspot platform delivers enterprise-ready features in a modern design that sales reps and marketers love. Using Highspot, sales teams are able to stay connected to the best-performing content for each opportunity, customize and optimize their content, and more effectively engage with their customers and prospects. With 90 percent average monthly recurring usage and global support in over 125 countries, Highspot is the sales enablement industry's most trusted solution.
Read Full Job Description