Manager, Software Development - Deployment at Algorithmia
- Build a passionate, high performing, customer-facing, devops team to scale our ability to effectively deliver our platform to enterprise customers
- Opportunity to scale out a world-class engineering organization in a fast growing startup in Seattle
Algorithmia automates, optimizes, and accelerates every step of the journey to deploying of AI and ML at scale. We allow anyone to run models on massively parallel infrastructure in minutes instead of months. In our cloud or your datacenter - all completely managed for maximum performance at minimum cost. Already trusted by over 90k developers and major enterprise customers, Algorithmia makes scalable Machine Learning fast, simple, and cost-effective for everyone.
We are seeking an Engineering Manager to raise the bar in how Algorithmia delivers software to our customers. You will be a critical leader in Algorithmia’s next phase of growth. You will experience unique visibility and growth opportunities that comes with joining the first AI startup funded by Google’s AI Fund. Initially you will play a hybrid player-coach role on this small team, modeling technical leadership while growing the team to enable Algorithmia to deliver to a growing pipeline of customers. A clear structure and strategy for growing and coaching a high-performing team is required.
What You’ll Do
- Own the technical vision for the Algorithmia Deployment Engineering team
- Build a passionate, high performing, customer-facing, devops-minded engineering team
- Balance a high quality, high output engineering mindset with the demands of a high growth enterprise cloud business
- Partner closely with Sales and Product leadership to turn customer needs into amazing technical results on a predictable cadence
- Make sure we continuously deliver products to our customers at a high pace and pushing us to raise the bar for customer experience in our product delivery
- Mentor and develop engineers and technical leads in their career growth
- Define, establish, and promote engineering excellence
- Drive a positive, inclusive, results-oriented culture
- Manage team sprints, commitments, and deliverables
What We Would Like to See
- 3+ years experience as an engineering leader, preferably a combination of big and small company environments, having managed teams of 5 or more engineers
- Experience in one or more of the following: configuration management, CI/CD solutions, infrastructure-as-code, cloud architecture, and container orchestration.
- Ability to prioritize and execute on multiple complex projects with a passion for customer experience
- Strong desire to work directly with enterprise customers
- Highly collaborative, especially with the ability to work well with fellow engineering leadership and distributed stakeholders
- Deep empathy for users, and understand that Algorithmia would not exist without them
- Experience managing remote team members and/or entire teams
- BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or equivalent
Algorithmia is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our core. We will never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status and encourage everyone to apply.