Manager, Software Engineering at Getty Images
Getty Images is among the world’s leading creators and distributors of award-winning still imagery, video, music and multimedia products. Our photographers and imagery help create inspiring work in the world’s most influential newspapers, magazines, advertising campaigns, films, television programs, books and online media. We move the world with images, and our technology solutions make it all possible. The Software Engineering Manager of Getty Image's Enterprise Services teams drives innovation within our platform to meet the growing demands of our industry. Excelling in this role requires technical depth, exceptional project strategy and communication skills, and a passion for growing teams and individuals.
Who you are:
- You love coding but are happiest leading excellent teams
- You are excited by services architectural considerations and delivering innovative solutions within a complex enterprise
- You know delivering big things includes failures, and you help others learn from them and move forward
- You demand an environment that treats others with respect and accountability
- You believe in a growth mindset, develop it in your teams, and find joy in helping others increase their impact
- You work to grow the autonomy and scope of decision-making within your teams
- You're driven to influence beyond the teams you manage and desire roles with higher organizational impact
Your next challenge:
- Contribute to our growth by hiring motivated engineers and managers, developing them, and building teams that can deliver value quickly and predictably.
- Be responsible for ensuring sound architecture, owning operational excellence, and quickly iterating toward the right solutions, valuing progress over perfection.
- Help develop long-term platform and business-focused technology strategies.
What you need:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years leading and building high-performing software development teams
- Experience delivering and owning distributed enterprise systems and high-volume transaction applications
- Experience influencing individuals and teams toward best engineering practices
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life. For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends. Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.