Manager, Software Engineering
You are an experienced engineering leader and manager who loves to run high-performing teams, solve challenging problems, and develop your people. You are able to translate business needs into robust, concrete solutions and deliver them in a high-quality, predictable fashion. You don’t necessarily code on a day-to-day basis, but can dive in when needed. You understand and appreciate what it means to run in a DevOps model.
We provide the vital platform and infrastructure that enables Apptio’s applications to scale. We are passionate about delivering elegant solutions to complex business problems in a collaborative and agile fashion.
What we want you to do:
You will directly manage 4-6 developers and lead them to design and deliver a robust, scalable, and performant platform upon which our $100M+ SaaS application depends. You will partner with product management and other engineering leaders to build and refine the product roadmap and establish engineering goals. You will collaborate with the leadership team to continually manage trade-offs between scope, resources, and time during the development lifecycle.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience• 6+ years of professional software development experience
• 2+ years direct management experience, including hiring and performance management
• Experience building and operating/supporting a commercial SaaS product with significant multi-user load
• Experience releasing at least monthly in an agile, CI, and DevOps environment
• Software development experience in OOP (ideally Java), relational databases, NoSQL.• Solid design and architecture skills. Can participate in code reviews and assess coding skills when hiring engineering talent. Is “in the code” but does not need to personally write production code.
Apptio (NASDAQ: APTI) is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.