Who We Are:
For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key Management position will work from home. And will manage a team of engineers based in Seattle, Washington and Calgary, Alberta.
The Software Engineering Manager of Getty Image's Enterprise Services teams drives innovation within our platform to meet the growing demands of our industry. Excelling in this role requires technical depth, exceptional project strategy and communication skills, and a passion for growing teams and individuals.
Who you are:
- You love coding but are happiest leading excellent teams
- You are excited by services architectural considerations and delivering innovative solutions within a complex enterprise
- You know delivering big things includes failures, and you help others learn from them and move forward
- You demand an environment that treats others with respect and accountability
- You believe in a growth mindset, develop it in your teams, and find joy in helping others increase their impact
- You work to grow the autonomy and scope of decision-making within your teams
- You're driven to influence beyond the teams you manage and desire roles with higher organizational impact
Your next challenge:
- Contribute to our growth by hiring motivated engineers and managers, developing them, and building teams that can deliver value quickly and predictably
- Be responsible for ensuring sound architecture, owning operational excellence, and quickly iterating toward the right solutions, valuing progress over perfection
- Help develop long-term platform and business-focused technology strategies
What you need:
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years leading and building high-performing software development teams
- Experience delivering and owning distributed enterprise systems and high-volume transaction applications
- Experience influencing individuals and teams toward best engineering practices
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment
- Trustworthiness, Transparency, and Openness
- Raise the Bar
- Lead by Example
- One Voice
- Bring Me Solutions
- No Silos
- The Obligation to Care
- Customer Focus
- Managing Performance
- Results Focus
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this key Management position will work from home.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.