Manager, Software QA Engineering Mgmt at ServiceNow
This position reports to: Senior Manager, Engineering Program Management.
ServiceNow is changing the way people work. With a service-orientation toward the activities, tasks and processes that make up day-to-day work life, we help the modern enterprise operate faster and be more scalable than ever before.
We’re disruptive. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. We are highly adaptable and constantly evolving. We are passionate about our product, and we live for our customers. We have high expectations and a career at ServiceNow means challenging yourself to always be better.
We are building the cloud platform that over 75% of Fortune 500 Companies use every day to accelerate their company forward. We employ the brightest and most forward-thinking engineers on the planet.
What you get to do in this role:
As a Manager – Quality Engineering, you will be a key member of the Global Cloud Services and Service Engineering Cloud Automation Development team driving the quality of our products, services and applications to the next level. You will work within our agile software development process and have an direct impact on the products and applications we build that are directly consumed by ServiceNow customers and internal engineering teams within our company.
The ideal candidate for this position is a someone with a strong background in backend application benchmarking and quality assurance. The candidate must have a passion for building and applying tools that measure the characteristics of complex systems running under dynamic, real-world loads. You will work in a fast-paced, innovative environment that allows direct influence on the organization and our most important customers.
In this role you will manage team members that test and release code for automations built on ServiceNow’s platform, perform integration and functionality testing of these applications, build scripts to automate these tests and work closely with the application development teams to plan, develop and automate test cases for the applications that your team supports.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong ability to plan and execute projects based on organization priorities, context, risks and desired outcomes.
- Creates an environment that encourages and enables others to build performance skills and develop their careers.
- 10+ years of experience in testing large scale web-based distributed applications
- Solid understanding and experience with agile software development methodologies
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- BS/MS Degree in Computer Science with solid experience developing and deploying mission critical software
- Experience working on a SaaS, PaaS, or Cloud Infrastructure product/solution
- Experience specifically with MySQL or Oracle databases
- Experience in integration testing backend applications
- Experience in networking, VMs, DNS and other underlying services within the Data Center space.
- Familiarity or knowledge of CentOS/RedHat operating system
- Understanding of schemas, table spaces, indexing, and database performance optimization
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.