Manager, Threat Research
The ExtraHop platform is a novel approach to processing vast amounts of wire data in real-time. Want to lead a collaborative team that builds solutions which provide deep performance insights, behavioral security analyses, and drive business analytics? Keep reading.
Do you like securing complex networks? ExtraHop Networks is seeking an expert in networking and attack tools to lead a team researching security threats. We collect massive amounts of network data and are looking for novel, effective ways to detect malware on the wire. We are seeking a leader who can lead a diverse group of engineers who research malware; how it operates on the network and specific behaviors. You must have an understanding of the attack lifecycle, but a deep desire to be a white hat and stop attackers before they can do damage.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Be able to lead a team that researches malware and implements detections.
- Understand and be able to run network attack tools.
- Work with engineers to categorize specific network behavior of malware.
- Lead with a collaborative, dedicated and seasoned team of engineers.
- Understand network protocols.
- Spread your security subject matter expertise through the organization.
- Install, run, and benchmark emerging products and tools in a lab environment to provide product development and product management strategic data.
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in computer science, engineering, or information technology
- Experience in a Unix-based environment
- Knowledge of building scalable and high-performance systems
- Understanding of various product-development life cycles
- 2-3 years experience leading engineering teams
Desired Skills & Experience
- Solid understanding of the OSI model and excellent working knowledge of the key protocols from Layer 2 through Layer 7 including ARP, IP, TCP, UDP, and HTTP
- TCP/IP networking.
- Experience using Linux networking tools such as tcpdump, tcpreplay, pcap tools, apache bench, etc.
- Experience using and managing virtual infrastructure for VMware, Hyper-V, Xen, and KVM.
- Experience standing up systems using Linux containers, Docker, Puppet, Chef, etc
- An understanding of how attackers breach networks
ExtraHop is an enterprise cyber analytics and performance monitoring company helping the world’s leading organizations understand and secure their entire environment from core to edge to cloud. Our breakthrough approach to analytics and machine learning helps our customers investigate threats, ensure the delivery of critical applications, and secure their investme
nt in the cloud, resulting in 95% faster threat detection and reducing unplanned downtime by 86% while providing the best possible customer experience.
ExtraHop is recognized by leading organizations for both its innovation in the market and its commitment to building a world-class team. We’ve been named to Wealthfront’s Career-Launching Companies list for the last four years, and JMP Securities put ExtraHop on its 2018 Super 70 List as one of the most strategically positioned private companies in the cybersecurity industry. Credit Suisse recognized ExtraHop as a member of its inaugural Disruptive Technology Recognition Program, and SC Media named ExtraHop a 2019 Industry Innovator for enterprise network traffic analysis.
With well over $100 million in bookings in 2018, and 10x growth in security, the opportunity with ExtraHop has never been greater. Are you ready to rise above the noise?
ExtraHop is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law