Mixed Signal FPGA Engineer
Pivotal Commware is a Seattle company productizing revolutionary software defined antenna systems. Our Holographic Beamforming Antenna technology enables fast, dynamic control of antenna beam profiles with vastly reduced cost, size, weight and power consumption relative to traditional phased array systems. Pivotal is using this technology to disrupt markets where phased array performance is needed in commercially viable envelopes for both the private and public sectors.
Pivotal Commware is seeking a Mixed Signal FPGA Engineer to support and lead fast-paced product development projects while working closely with a small group of scientists, engineers and business leaders in a start-up environment. The candidate will be responsible developing novel methods for the command, control and integration of Holographic Beamformers with both proprietary and third-party systems and networks.
In addition, the candidate should be skilled in project planning, budget & schedule management, and written and verbal communication. The successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to think creatively and to operate within a flexible, fast-paced program dedicated to expanding Pivotal’s market and mind share. This position reports directly to the CTO.
● Implement LTE and 5GNR based algorithms in FPGA (and similar) platforms.
● Understand and exploit the novel properties of Holographic Beamformers for use in 4G, 5G and other wireless communication paradigms.
● Leverage understanding of DSP and protocol methods to research and develop enhancements to traditional SISO and MU-MIMO technologies exploiting Holographic Beamforming.
● Support engagements with carriers, OEMs and standards bodies to assure interoperability of Pivotal Technology with the larger wireless ecosystem.
● Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering with emphasis on communications, digital signal processing, or similar.
● Passion for wireless communications and driving ever increasing spectral efficiency and throughput.
● Extensive knowledge of analog and digital communication theory.
● Experience with real-time algorithm implementation on FPGA and other embedded processors. This role is ‘hands on’. Pure theorists will not succeed in this role.
● Expertise in developing signal processing algorithms with standard tools
● Understanding of various telecommunication standards such as LTE, WiMAX, CPRI, and others
● Experience with radio-related test equipment such as signal generators/analyzers, arbitrary waveform generators, etc…
● 5 years wireless industry experience
● Experience with Matlab, VSS/SystemVue, Python, C++, or equivalent tools for modeling and analyzing wireless communication systems
● Experience implementing various channel codes such as LDPC, turbo, Reed-Solomon, or convolutional
● Experience implementing digital waveform modulation/demodulation including BPSK, QPSK, QAM, APSK, OFDM
● Experience with multiple access wireless standards (such as TDMA, CDMA, OFDMA, etc)
● Experience implementing digital pre-distortion in radio systems
Read Full Job Description