Mobile Principal Engineer
Title: Principal Mobile Engineer
Qualtrics is the technology platform that organizations use to listen, understand, and act on experience data, also called X-data™. The Qualtrics XM Platform™ is a system of action, used by teams, departments, and entire organizations to manage the four core experiences of business—customer, product, employee and brand—on one platform. Over 10,000 enterprises worldwide, including more than 75 percent of the Fortune 100 and 99 of the top 100 U.S. business schools, rely on Qualtrics to consistently build products that people love, create more loyal customers, develop a phenomenal employee culture, and build iconic brands. Qualtrics was recently acquired by SAP, and together we will accelerate XM globally and power the experience economy. Join us on this adventure and define the future of Experience Management from technical perspective! If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and growth, recognizes your unique contribution, fills you with purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now!
We’re looking for talented, hands-on Principal SDEs who can own and deliver complex programs including high scale services to spearhead Qualtrics’ Mobile and Tablet investments on iOS and Android.
In this role you will be working with bleeding edge technologies, and building world-class mobile applications. As a principal engineer you will define the mobile investment of our XM vision: turning customers to fanatics, products into obsessions, employees into ambassadors and brands into religions. If this sounds like you apply!
Expectations for Success
- Operate as a hands on detail-oriented engineer responsible for mentoring and growing technical talent in the team.
- Translate the requests of internal and external customers into clear and impactful engineering requirements.
- Tackle problems that span a variety of domains. Design, plan and execute on deliverables to build enterprise grade products, and tools.
- Drive the evolution of our mobile offerings across multiple product lines that will enable our XM vision.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Bachelor's of Science degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 12+ years of relevant industry engineering experience.
- Consistent track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality SaaS systems.
- Experience working on hard problems in a fast paced software development environment.
- Experience mentoring/training an engineering community on difficult technical issues.
- Experience with Agile Management methods such as SCRUM, RUP, or XP.
- Exceptional Customer Obsession.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with Objective C, Swift, Java, React Native, and/or other modern mobile frameworks and tools.
A Day in the Life:
As an Qualtrics technical leader, you will join the ranks of a growing community of Principal Engineers. Outside of your day-to-day, being a part of this unique community will mean being a visionary for how Qualtrics invents and delivers technology to our customers at lightning speed. You’ll be a part of setting the company-wide technical standards and driving the company’s overall architecture and engineering best practices. Work together with us with both urgency and determination to perfect an entirely new category of software to power businesses, delivering our XM vision.
What differentiates us from other companies:
- Work life integration is deeply important to us - we have frequent office events, team outings, and happy hours
- Qualtrics Experience Program - $1,500 for an experience of your choosing (eligible after a year)
- We take pride in our offices design aiming at fostering creativity from our rooftop views to an open and collaborative work space.
- 30 paid days off - 15 PTO + 5 Personal Days + 10 Holiday Closures (additional after a year)
- On top of standard benefits package (medical employees and their families, dental, vision, life insurance, etc) we provide snacks, drinks, and free lunches in our office
- We believe in sharing Qualtrics success which is part of the compensation for all employees
- To learn more about what we value read about it directly from our employees Qualtrics Life stories