Who is Wyze?
Wyze is a rapidly growing tech startup based in Kirkland, Washington which is an amazing city 6.4 miles East of downtown Seattle and nestled around beautiful Lake Washington! We also have offices in Beijing and Shenzhen, China! We’re a team of innovators and tech geeks obsessed with making smart home products accessible to everyone. Our products are intuitive and easy to use, and we partner with our customers to add new features and continuously improve our products over time. We believe customers shouldn’t have to compromise – beautifully designed smart home products should enrich people’s lives and be something everyone can afford.
This role is based full-time Kirkland and we are happy to help new folks relocate to this tech-savvy city!
Why You will make an impact?
You are passionate about IoT and our products and mission. You would like to make an impacting change to people’s lives. Building products that becomes an integral part of our daily lifestyle.
A Look Inside the Role...
To apply for this role, you should be comfortable building and managing a team through all phases of mobile software development in iOS and Android. Strong communication and problem solving skills will be essential. In this role you will manage a development team of cloud developers building the next generation of IoT platform serving millions or even more customers. This role is inherently cross-functional: you will work closely with both user facing and low level software, product managers, engineering teams of oversea product partners and executive stakeholders. We are looking for someone with deep knowledge on building scalable cloud services as well as innovation and an established deliverable track record.
- Design technical solutions for different mobile platforms.
- Design interfaces to improve user experience
- Research and suggest new mobile products, applications, and protocols
- Handle planning and delivery in an Agile environment.
- Define goals and priorities to meet commitment.
- Work with oversea engineering teams and product partners on technology integration.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
You already have these qualifications
- 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- Proven work experience in delivering Mobile application in iOS and Android.
- Experience in UI development and testing related to iOS and Android
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience of hiring and developing software engineers with a passion to develop great people
- Experience of software development including design and implementation
- Technical leadership experience, with direct software engineering experience strongly preferred
- Programming experience in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, or Objective-C
Bonus points if you can say yes to any or all of the following
- Proactive attitude and willingness to dig deep to achieve goals
- Self-motivated individual who can set and meet simultaneous short- and long- term goals
- Ability to adapt to shift priorities and timelines by exercising keen judgement
- Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution and is results oriented
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail, organization, problem solving and multitasking skills
- Technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment
- Experiences working with multi-location teams
If this sounds too good to be true and you are ready to be part of #teamwyze then we want to hear from you!
Please send us your resume or detailed Linkedin profile and tell us a little about yourself with a cover letter that showcases some of the amazing things you can do!
Lastly and incredibly important to us: we are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity as well as inclusion at Wyze.
We are fully committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all employees and all applicants for employment. That’s how we do things!
Read Full Job Description