Oracle Functional Analyst II
Do you have a passion for powering Expedia Group's travel revolution with a premier platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale? Are you passionate about bringing product, technology and operations together to accelerate innovation? You will bring your innate sense of curiosity and ability to absorb complex concepts to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences.
This role, on a project-by-project basis, will partner closely with different teams throughout Expedia to ensure alignment and support enhanced information sharing.
What you'll do:
- Review requirements and design documents to understand the current state of design
- Collaborate with Developers, Program Managers, Testers and Production Support Engineers to implement creative solutions via iterative approach
- Guide the overall design and architecture of our platform and its components including the APIs
- Identify new technologies and techniques to improve the value proposition of the financial platform and systems.
- Identify and advocate opportunities to improve current procedures, processes and systems.
- Lead multiple tasks and projects at a time, prioritize effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment
- Collaborate with non-ERP development teams to design efficient, supportable and scalable solutions
- Partner with onsite / offshore development and QA team members in all phases of our project delivery and production enhancements
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information systems or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of experience in designing, implementing and supporting Oracle Financials R12 in a complex, multinational, multi GAAP environment
- Excellent functional knowledge of different modules of Oracle Apps like Accounts Receivable, Advanced Collections, Cash Management, General Ledger
- Excellent understanding of data flow across modules and related technologies.
- Experience in Channel Revenue Management and Advanced pricing is a plus
- Excellent communications skills (Written and verbal) and should be able to independently engage with business partners throughout the ticket lifecycle
- Accurately establish the length and difficulty of assignments, set reasonable objectives and goals, anticipate and adjust for problems/roadblocks
- Ability to orchestrate multiple activities simultaneously and measure results against goals
- Ability to travel internationally for 2-weeks at a time
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.