We are looking for experienced Platform Engineers to contribute on all layers of building the Pulumi Platform, independently building and delivering major components of our open source products. You will be a part of realizing a vision where every developer can program the cloud.
As part of the Platform Engineering team, you'll be an early contributor to the Pulumi open source platform across one (or many!) of - programming models, cloud APIs, core infrastructure deployment engine, distributed systems primitives and more. You'll work at the forefront of the intersection between cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Kubernetes +) and developer platforms (programming languages, APIs, and application lifecycle), helping to define the future of what it means to program the cloud.
Expect to be challenged, learn, teach, and collaborate with a world class team of great people.
In This Job You Will:
- Architect, design, engineer, and test software components.
- Interact with the team, and the open source community, to determine roadmaps and to scope features.
- Independently ensure great performance, reliability, and maintainability of your code.
To Be Successful In This Role, You Have:
- Strong understanding of algorithms, data structures, and software architecture.
- Comfort with all/some of the following: Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Web Services, Azure, Chef, Puppet.
- A systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- The ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
Pulumi is reimagining how developers and DevOps teams create and manage cloud software, through a unique combination of developer tools and system innovation. The company leads with an open source platform that embraces real programming languages, tools, and techniques, and offers an innovative SaaS product that helps team collaborate.
Pulumi was founded in 2017 by developer and cloud experts from many corners of our industry to deliver innovative approaches to cloud software development. Since emerging from stealth in mid-2018, we are accelerating our platform momentum and product adoption. The team is built on a culture of openness, diversity, respect, and thinking big.
At Pulumi, we don't just accept difference, we look for it, celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our customers. Pulumi is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodations, please let us know.