Platform Engineering Leader at Convoy
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:05 a.m. (PST) on Tuesday, August 31, 2021
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry, where even 10 years ago, most truck drivers did not have smartphones and paper driver logs were common. In 2015, Convoy launched the digital freight movement with an open and fully connected marketplace for brands and manufacturers to work directly with freight carriers who move truckload shipments throughout the country. This ‘Digital Freight Network’ is powered by machine learning and automation, and supported by a broad, ever-growing set of features that benefit both sides of the marketplace.
We’ve been honored to work with some great companies, such as Unilever, The Home Depot, and Procter & Gamble. We’ve also been backed by world-class investors, including Google, YCombinator, Fidelity, Greylock Generation, Lone Pine, T. Rowe Price, Baillie Gifford and the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, LinkedIn, Expedia, Dropbox, Starbucks, and others. We are proud to have been named a CNBC Disruptor 50 Winner (3x), a Fast Company World Changing Idea, a LinkedIn Top Startup, a Forbes' Best Startup Employer, one of Fortune Magazine's 'Impact 20' list, a best place to work in Washington State, a BloombergNEF Pioneer winner, and more.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help us transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste.
Convoy is establishing a team of talented, thoughtful engineers to automate the logistics industry. Our goal is to develop amazing software to make trucking efficient while growing ourselves and our coworkers sustainably. You should pride yourself on developing products at light speed, while simultaneously being intentional in your approach towards the process, communication, and building systems.
At Convoy, we are at a pivotal point for our technology, evolving our software to scale in order to serve a wide range of teams to execute on business-priorities while ensuring operational excellence for thousands of shippers and millions of carriers. This role will lead this important transformation, focused on evolving our technology, people, and processes as we prepare to deploy products at scale.
- Lead a team in re-architecting underlying services to prepare for scale, focused on componentizing and building an API-first platform
- Own Convoy’s company-wide data platform, experimenting rapidly with data-science and machine learning teams
- Take responsibility for mission-critical compute, storage, and and database services for Convoy
- Lead, grow and retain a high-performing engineering team
- Take ownership for engineering operational excellence across our organization, pushing for improvements and results across all areas of the team and shaping the future of product and engineering at Convoy
We are looking for someone who has:
- Proven track record of technical leadership and driving technical strategy across engineering teams and organizations
- Ability to scale and retain diverse engineering teams and to lead organizations in thinking strategically across business, product, and technical domains
- Depth of experience in platform engineering, platform architecture, and cloud-native data platforms
- Experience leading an organizational transformation from monolithic architecture into microservices
- Track record of partnership and trust with product, data science, and machine learning organizations
- Experience with AWS and other cloud platform servicesStrong sense of ownership
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!