Platform Security Engineer at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 4:04 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, April 22, 2021
Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
We are a security company and Auth0's Security Engineering team is in the privileged position of supporting a security-first culture for a company that wants to make the internet safer.
Auth0 is looking for a Senior Platform Security Engineer to join the Platform Security team to work directly with our engineering partners to build Auth0’s future infrastructure stack. Successful candidates will have a passion for building reliable and scalable distributed systems, a technical background, hands-on experience in developing cloud systems at scale, a solid understanding of security controls, how to design enterprise systems for security, strong threat modeling experience, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward. In this role, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to making Auth0's future platform infrastructure secure by design.
This role can be based from a remote office anywhere in the US or CAN.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with Security and Engineering teams to incorporate strong security controls, apply security best practices in our development life cycle, and mitigate risks and security vulnerabilities.
- Promote and drive the implementation of a platform security architecture that supports Engineering’s goals and deliverables, through collaboration, design, requirements, and code.
- Contribute to defining the n+1 cloud infrastructure maturity level and help to achieve goals that get us there.
- Implement technical prototypes to understand new technologies as well as identify and manage risks for projects in active development.
- Contribute to improving Auth0's platform security patterns, security controls and best practices.
- Mentor team members and engineers on security best practices, and develop the next generation of technical security leaders.
What You Bring:
- 5+ years software development and security engineering experience.
- Passion for building secure, reliable and scalable distributed systems in collaboration with multiple teams.
- Experience with multi-cloud environments, container deployments, CI/CD pipelines, and orchestration with Kubernetes.
- Strong experience with AWS services and security controls and preferably hands-on experience with Azure.
- Proficiency with Go, Node.js and one or more scripting languages.
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code and using automation tools like Terraform.
- Solid understanding of what it takes to build and operate secure systems at scale.
- Excellence at creating clarity and alignment for technical initiatives.
- #US; #CA; #ES;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.