Principal Application Security Engineer at Smartsheet
At Smartsheet, we are building the next generation workspace collaboration platform. Trust is one of our core values, and as an engineering organization, we execute that core value by maintaining and innovating on systems that secure our customers’ data. As we continue to grow our customer base, we are seeking a Principal Application Security Engineer who understands how to build and integrate security systems that extend Smartsheet’s defense in depth security program. This role is a critical part of the engineering organization.
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA and will report to the Sr. Director of Security Engineering.
- Protecting customers by identifying threats to user experiences and user data, and proposing mitigations and defenses.
- Assist development and QA teams maintaining and improving application security.
- Security and auditing production systems, and collaborating with operations maintaining secure deployment.
- Designing and developing processes, tools, and systems securing all production systems.
- Have identified numerous security defects in products.
- Strong written and verbal communication, and teaching skills.
- Evaluating and communicating risk in a fact-based manner.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases.
- Ability to be creative, flexible, and objective in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
Nice to have:
- Experience analyzing security of IaaS, PaaS or SaaS products.
- Understand web-application security and system security.
- Knowledge of SDL or similar secure software model.
- Strong bias toward action, while flexible and resourceful.
- Professional development and engineering experience.
- Experience with Linux systems development.
About Smartsheet: In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.