Principal Architect - Enterprise Risk & Security at Expedia Group
Principal Architect, Enterprise Risk & Security
We are looking for a highly enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful architect to be part of Expedia’s eCommerce Platform Risk and Security (ERS) team. As the principal architect, you will be driving the application and technology stack that protect Expedia, Inc and its brands from financial losses and brand reputation by securing its most valuable assets across all channels.
You will have the opportunity to work on both a diverse range of strategic initiatives and projects as well as to take the lead on high visibility tactical objectives. You will bring your innate sense of curiosity and ability to absorb complex concepts to communicate to both technical and non-technical audiences. You will come with a breadth of full-stack experiences including scalable micro-services architecture, front-end frameworks, and cloud, and will have an ability to quickly ramp and assess new technologies.
You enjoy driving the development of prototype and proof-of-concepts, mentoring the engineering team, reviewing and guiding design choices, and dive into incidents when necessary.
What you’ll do:
- Translate the desired business outcome to technical solutions that meet operational and business needs
- Design and architect solutions to build and extend upon our new distributed services
- Guide the overall design and architecture of our platform and its components including the APIs
- Identify new technologies and techniques that can improve the value proposition of the platform
- Mentor members of the development team to help build effective engineering practices
- Communicate effectively up and down the organization including to CTOs and executives across the company
Who you are:
- 10+ years of experience crafting and architecting services and solution in a distributed environment for the enterprise
- Define and communicate a longer-term technical vision for both engineers and senior leadership
- Collaborate with architects across different brands and recommend areas of re-use for our organization
- Working knowledge of/with micro-services architecture, design patterns, and standard methodologies with an eye towards scale, automation, resiliency, high availability and user experience
- Comfortable and experienced within agile/scrum software delivery practices
- Solid working relationships with non-technical peers and a proven ability to understand the workings of the overall business
- History of technical depth and recognition within previous teams as a domain authority
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent demonstrable hands-on experience
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.