Auth0 is a unicorn that just closed a $120M Series F round of funding, with total capital raised to date of $330M and valuation of nearly $2B. We are growing rapidly and looking for exceptional new team members to add to our exceptional talent pool - and who will help take us to the next level of success. One team, one score.
Our vision is to provide people with secure access to any application in one click or less. And our promise is to make identity work for everyone—whether you’re a developer looking to innovate, or a security professional looking to mitigate. We are looking for curious, excited, boundary-pushing team members. So, if you’re a big thinker who is nimble and adaptable, Auth0 may be an ideal place for you to shine.
We are looking for a Principal Engineer to join our Systems Architecture group. As part of the Systems Architecture team you will be responsible for determining Auth0's multi-year design and architecture strategy. Successful candidates will have a passion for building reliable and scalable distributed systems, a technical background, hands-on experience in developing cloud systems at scale, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward.
You will work across the organization with Engineering, Product, Data, and Security. Through your experience, knowledge of industry trends, technical abilities, and technical acumen you will produce: guidance, proof of concepts and production implementations that help Auth0 Engineering teams move faster by using standard patterns and technologies.
In essence, you will have the opportunity to greatly contribute to Auth0's future technology direction.
- Collaborate with tech leads, engineering leadership, executives and across functional areas on developing a strategy that informs technical and product planning.
- Help establish the "Whys" for Auth0 Engineering.
- Contribute to defining Auth0's Engineering practices, architecture patterns and recommended technologies looking at a multi-year horizon.
- Define the n+1 infrastructure maturity level and set goals that gradually build our expertise in that direction.
- Implement technical prototypes to understand new technologies as well as assess and manage risks for projects in active development.
- Collaborate with teams on designs, from inception to implementation.
- Technically lead entire multi-team programs from inception through shipping code, without regular technical oversight.
- Mentor engineers at all levels and take on sponsorship responsibilities.
You might be a good fit if you:
- Can design and architect large scale distributed systems.
- Are excellent at creating clarity and alignment for technical initiatives.
- Can lead and resolve company-wide technical discussions with excellent moderation skills.
- Uplift others in the organization and are adept at ensuring engineers are recognized for their contributions.
- Constantly strive to hit the right balance between simplicity and flexibility.
- Can handle multiple conflicting priorities.
- Have great empathy for customer's needs and continuously iterate on your understanding of a problem space based on their feedback.
- Are passionate about building reliable, secure, scalable services collaborating with multiple teams.
- Understand the technical and cultural challenges of iterating from monolithic code bases towards scalable, reliable independent services architectures.
- Understand the cost implications of cloud systems you design.
- Have 10+ years of software development experience.
- Have 3+ years of experience working on cloud applications.
- Live in the United States, Argentina or Canada.
- #US; #AR; #CA;
Auth0 safeguards more than 4.5 billion login transactions each month and its top priorities are availability and security.
We like to think that we are helping make the internet safer. Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles.
Auth0 is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.