Principal Product Security Engineer (Security Research) at ServiceNow
ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We’re looking for people who are ready to jump right in and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.Job Description
What you get to do in this role:
The Security Research team responds to application security escalation and focuses on risk reduction. Using a toolkit of code/program analysis and dynamic approaches, the Research team performs application deep dives to isolate problem root causes. Additionally, exploration techniques focus on problems broadly, measuring insecurity across ServiceNow’s cloud environment. A goal of the Research team is to maintain ServiceNow customer’s security enablement and continually improve ServiceNow’s cloud security reputation.
As a Sr. Product Security Engineer on the Security Research team, you’ll be responsible for perform security auditing of the ServiceNow platform and products. This will require an in-depth knowledge of various approaches to application auditing including secure code review, debugging, dynamic web application analysis and threat modeling. You’ll also work with Product engineering teams to assist with platform roadmap planning.
What you get to do in this role:
- Perform security audits to discover, communicate, and recommend remediation activities for vulnerabilities.
- Proactively research and quantify new attack vectors that may affect ServiceNow.
- Research security topics which are a risk to ServiceNow
- Work with engineering teams on platform roadmap planning
To be successful in this role you have:
- A passion for security and problem solving
- Background in software security auditing and computer security
- 7+ years of experience performing software security auditing including code review, thick app analysis and blackbox web application testing
- 4+ years of experience performing threat modeling for software products
- 1-2 years of experience with binary analysis and Java reverse engineering
- Network and System security engineering skills a plus
- Experience with Java Debugging and Binary Instrumentation
- Experience programming in Python a plus
- Experience writing static code analysis rules a plus
- Strong understanding of application security vulnerabilities and respective coding anti-patterns
- Degree in computer science / engineering or equivalent work experience
- OSWE and OSCP certifications a plus
- Ability to deliver technical reports and communicate technical concepts to both non-technical business users as well as technical stakeholders.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.