Principal Security Architect at Auth0
Sorry, this job was removed at 1:33 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, June 30, 2021
Awesome tech is made by awesome people. And we’re always looking for new team members who bring the energy, passion, commitment, and collaboration that has made Auth0 the great company it is today.
So what do we exactly build? Auth0 is an authentication and authorization platform designed by developers, for developers. Basically, we make companies’ login boxes safe, secure, and seamless for anyone logging in. Our mission is to secure the world’s identities so innovators can innovate. But it’s a big mission that requires a lot of teamwork.
Words, code, or people, whatever your skill, there’s a place for you here.
Auth0 is looking for a Principal Security Architect to work across the organization with Engineering, Product, and Security Engineering. Successful candidates will have a passion for building reliable and scalable distributed systems, a technical background, hands-on experience in developing cloud systems at scale, a solid understanding of architecture-based security issues, how to design enterprise systems for security, strong architectural threat modeling experience, and the ability to collaborate with others to drive initiatives forward.
Through your experience, knowledge of industry trends, technical abilities, and knowledge you will produce: guidance, proof of concepts and production implementations that help Auth0 Engineering and Security teams move faster by using standard patterns and technologies. In this role, you will have the opportunity to significantly contribute to Auth0's future technology direction.
What You Will Do:
- Develop and drive the implementation of a security architecture that supports Engineering’s goals and deliverables, through strategy, design, requirements, and code.
- Collaborate with Security and Engineering teams to incorporate strong security controls, apply security best practices in our development life cycle, and mitigate security vulnerabilities.
- Design and architect large scale distributed systems.
- Dive deep into our data to make sense of new attacks vs legit patterns.
- Constantly strive to hit the right balance between simplicity and flexibility.
- Contribute to defining the n+1 cloud infrastructure maturity level and help to achieve goals that get us there.
- Contribute to improving Auth0's product architecture patterns, security controls and best practices.
- Mentor team members, security engineers, and stakeholders on security best practices, and develop the next generation of technical security leaders.
What You Bring:
- Passion and thorough understanding of what it takes to build and operate secure, reliable systems at scale.
- Ability to lead and resolve company-wide technical discussions.
- Application security and cloud security best practices.
- You have exposure to data intensive systems with high performance in data retrieval.
- Excellence at creating clarity and alignment for technical initiatives.
- Experience with multi-cloud environments and container deployments.
- Strong experience with AWS services and cloud security controls and preferably hands-on experience with Azure and GCP.
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience working on cloud applications.
- Currently located in the United States, Canada, Argentina, Spain, Poland, France, Germany or the United Kingdom.
- #US; #CA; #AR; #UK; #ES; #PL: #FR; #DE;
Auth0 makes the internet safer by safeguarding billions of login transactions each month.
Our team is spread across more than 35 countries and we are proud to continually be recognized as a great place to work. Culture is critical to us, and we are transparent about our vision and principles. We practice N+1>N which applies to everything from our people to how we iterate our tech; we believe in one team, one score; and we give a shit about everything we do.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet all the job criteria. We aren’t looking for someone who ticks every single box on a page; we’re looking for lifelong learners and people who can make us better with their unique experiences. If you think you’d be a great fit, then please get in touch to tell us about yourself.
Auth0, recently acquired by Okta, is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Auth0 conducts all employment-related activities without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, citizenship status, genetics, or status as a Vietnam-era special disabled and other covered veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Auth0 participates in E-Verify and will confirm work authorization for candidates residing in the United States.
Read Full Job Description