Principal Software Development Engineer - Expedia Local Expert at Expedia Group
ExpediaExpedia Local Expert – Product and Engineering Team
The Expedia Local Expert (LX) product and engineering team builds the experiences for our customers and partners that enable our travelers to have memorable experiences.Position Summary:
Are you passionate about architecture and the technology needed to drive a multi-million dollar business? Do you love building creative, highly-scalable Microservices and Web Applications? Does providing technical leadership for a global, dynamic, and growing engineering organization energize you?
As the Principal Engineer within Expedia Local Expert, you will play a key role in defining a cloud-based architectural strategy. You will work with a dynamic group of product managers, architects and engineers to deliver a sophisticated, next-generation two-sided marketplace platform at scale. You will provide thought leadership and hand’s on engineering as we build an innovative suite of products and services, integrating seamlessly within our broad ecosystem.
In this role, you will be a critical member of a growing team which is using the latest technology to enable an effortless customer experience across voice, web, mobile and social network platforms, empowering millions of travelers to enjoy their perfect trip.Responsibilities:
- You will work alongside and mentor a diverse team of engineers, collaborating closely across Expedia Local Expert and teams accross the Expedia Group engineering teams
- You'll collaborate across our Product Management, Architecture and Engineering teams and with other partners to provide technical direction and architectural input into product development roadmaps
- You will partner with Systems Engineering and Operations teams to define platform operational features and ensure effective delivery of platform availability, quality and performance
- You'll drive proof of concepts and pilots to accelerate the onboarding of new technologies and solutions to solve business problems
- Provide technical coaching and mentorship across engineering and architecture teams, fostering an environment of innovation and collaboration
- Ensure the technical teams understand strategic goals, product and future technology roadmaps
- Ensure the ongoing training and development of engineering staff and ensure the continuous development of the technical skills of the team
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related engineering field
- 3+ years of lead architecture and design experience in an engineering, development or technology role
- 8+ years full-stack software development experience across multiple technologies, languages and frameworks
- Strong expertise utilizing cloud technologies and services with Amazon AWS or equivalent
- User Interface design, responsive design and client-side architecture
- Effective mentoring and leadership skills and an ability to successfully drive design and implementation of software projects
- Excellent communication and the ability to explain technical details and challenges to a wide variety of audiences (including executive leadership)
- Demonstrated ability to navigate a diverse organization with global, decentralized teams working across multiple locations
- Ability to look at solutions in creative and unconventional ways, recognize opportunities to innovate, and engage partners in a vision and strategy
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast paced environment
Our mission is to revolutionize travel through the power of technology.
Collectively, the Expedia Group. brands cover virtually every aspect of researching, planning, and booking travel, from choosing the best airplane seat, to reading personal travel reviews of hotels, to planning what to do in a destination once you arrive. The Expedia, Inc. portfolio serves both leisure and business travelers with tastes and budgets ranging from modest to luxury. Expedia delivers consumer travel demand from nearly every continent to thousands of hotels and vacation rentals, hundreds of airlines, thousands of activities, and dozens of car rental companies and cruise lines.
Please visit www.expediagroup.com to learn more about our travel brands.Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.