Principal Software Development Engineer, Infrastructure
Are you the go-to person on your team? Do the hard problems always seem to land on your desk because you’re the only one who can solve them? Do you spend more of your time convincing people to let you build what needs to be built than actually building it? Come work for us and unleash your true potential.
Smartsheet is looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer to join our Infrastructure Engineering team. In this role, you will guide the design, architecture, and implementation of highly-available and scalable services providing the foundation for Smartsheet's Software as a Service (SaaS) application. Our business is built on finding top grade talent and getting out of their way while they build and improve our award winning offering for collaborative work and project management. Our software team is small, highly efficient, and results oriented. We work in a non-political environment that stays focused on building great software using agile methodologies. Here you can use the latest technologies to their fullest potential. We are looking for the most highly motivated and intelligent individuals. Here is a short video introduction to Smartsheet: Smartsheet Overview Video
This position is based at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Participate in the entire development life cycle, from concept to release.
- Implement new features and improve the ones we have already built.
- Design and build new services following microservice patterns on public cloud infrastructure.
- Design solutions to update or replace existing data processing and messaging infrastructure leveraging message queue, streaming, and serverless patterns.
- Participate in all phases of quality assurance, operations, and defect resolution.
- 7+ years software development experience.
- 4+ years microservice or SOA based web application development.
- Experience building highly scalable, high availability applications.
- Experience building distributed systems.
- Experience with a variety of data storage technologies such as NoSQL DBs, Relational DBs, Object Stores, etc.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm is highly desirable.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Positively influences group/company's technical culture and morale.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with frequent production releases.
- Legally eligible to work in the U.S. on an ongoing basis.
- BS or MS in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent industry experience.
About Smartsheet: In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.