At Remitly, we service over 3+ million customers around the globe and are inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants in sending money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
Our Payments team is pioneering that growth, launching and incubating our remittance product in new markets while working across all technical systems in the company. We're a small team, working with business, product, front- and back-end engineers. You will report to the North America Payments Engineering Manager.
Successful principal engineers have learned from years of experience to evaluate technical options, then apply best practices and design patterns to build high-quality systems. They work across teams to determine and express the true technical requirements underlying feature requests, and design with an eye for simultaneously accomplishing our goals, improving existing systems, and reducing technical debt. They are also acutely aware that software isn’t complete after shipping, instead designing for stability, monitoring, and maintenance over time; they create systems that can evolve but last for years. More than just building, senior engineers also mentor, promote best practices and push for technical excellence across the company.
Some examples of interesting problems include:
- Integrate a scalable platform for connecting to diverse bank APIs around the globe to collect and manage funds
- Create customer experiences offering our service in new countries, adding new payment methods, reducing fraud risk reduction or improving operational supportability
- Build resilient systems to detect and respond to external system outages
- Distribute traffic among external systems with inputs around dynamic pricing, availability, quality of service and other data
- A BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- 10+ years of experience shipping high-quality products
- Expertise in software development best practices, system design, software design patterns and algorithms
- Experience building, shipping, and maintaining web services and systems on AWS
- Practice mentoring and growing other engineers
- Experience defining and deploying technical best practices across a team
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Scholars program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer