Principal, Software Development Engineer
The Enterprise Risk and Security (ERS) technology organization is looking for a Principle Software Development Engineer who can provide technology leadership across our global organization. ERS group is accountable for handling risks for our travelers and suppliers for every transaction they execute on Expedia Group platform. ERS group is accountable to identify and mitigate any risks to our brand reputations, risk to confidential customer data and risk to our intellectual knowledge and property.
We build integrated software solutions that screen bookings, accounts activities and supplier events to identify and mitigate risks for our travelers and suppliers. We build technology platform to monitor and detect anomalies across our infrastructure and network, for bot data center and Cloud, and identify any security threats to our customers and brands.
You will design, architect and help build highly available, predictable and extensible systems that scale to billions of transactions, apply smart data and machine learning technologies to detect risk, build tools and automated solutions to mitigate them. You will be an important part of a growing team using the latest technology to protect our business, our customers and our business partners, and improve our customer experience, empowering millions of travelers to enjoy their perfect trip. In this role, you will be a leader, influencer, and contributor across our entire technology team.
What you'll do
- Design and Architect platforms in collaboration with various technology functions and business owners, in a distributed services environment
- Translate the desired business outcome to technical solutions that meet the operational needs and the business need
- Influence interdependent teams to build the technical solutions that allow us to scale and develop a suite of loosely coupled and cohesive services
- Mentor Engineers on the team and help build effective engineering practices
Who you are
- You should be comfortable working across organization boundaries, able to deep dive on the solution, understand the industry tools and approaches for the problem
- You should have ability to articulate the problem(s) to be solved, have a point of view on how to solve, be able to articulate and the benefits that is understandable by senior leaders.
- You should have experience solving complex and ambiguous problems, understands how to bring right people together and how to align towards an agile/iterative way to deliver solutions
- You should be able to build and demonstrate trust with your peers across Expedia Group, able to communicate at all levels of leadership, and both with tech and non-tech leaders
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline
- Deep knowledge and experience in designing and architecting services in a distributed systems environment
- 10+ years of experience developing scalable software solutions
- Strong background in data structure and algorithms
- Ability to work effectively cross disciplines including technology, data analytics, program and product management
- Strong business and technical vision
- Strong communication and social skills.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.