Are you passionate about building delightful user interfaces? We are looking for an exceptional engineer to join our team to develop solutions to travelers worldwide on top of our exciting Virtual Agent chatbot platform.
As a Principal Software Development Engineer - UI, within the Conversation Platform Technology team, you will be creating solutions and providing technical leadership to a team dedicated to driving technology innovation for Expedia Group's Virtual Agents. On the strength of your abilities and experience, you will enable groups across the company to create outstanding Virtual Agent experiences across Expedia Group brands and partners worldwide. Our team is building out the platform's front-end capabilities (in mobile apps and web sites) that power Expedia Group's Virtual Agents to address customer needs in an efficient manner without needing human intervention.
In this role, with your exceptional technical expertise along with mentorship and inspiring others, you and your team will build delightful user experiences on web and mobile devices that could be used to enable travelers to enjoy their magnificent trip!
Who You Are:
- 10+ years software development experience in an enterprise level engineering environment.
- 5+ years hands-on front-end experience in web technologies.
- Expertise in agile software development methodologies and using them efficiently within teams.
- Experience architecting, developing, and successfully delivering sophisticated, large-scale projects.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - able to translate between technical and business group, bring forward a vision or opinion.
- Understanding of trade-offs of architectural patterns and comfort in recommending approaches and associated technology choices.
What You'll Do:
- Influence and define the vision for key aspects of UI architecture and design.
- Promote development of maintainable and thoroughly tested code. Ensure the team is following state of the art engineering methodologies.
- Lead and participate in all phases of software development from high-level design to hands-on coding.
- Work alongside and mentor an inclusive team of engineers and scientists, acting as a bar raiser for development of high quality software.
- Collaborate with Product Managers and User Experience Designers to drive engineering towards near-term and longer-term targets.
- Cross organizational boundaries (brands, divisions) to collaborate with other technology teams to handle enterprise-wide problems.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.