ServiceNow is making the world of work, work better for people. Our cloud‑based platform and solutions deliver digital workflows that create great experiences and unlock productivity for employees and the enterprise. We're growing fast, innovating faster, and making an impact on our customers' and employees' lives in significant and important ways. With over 6,900 customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're on the 2020 list of FORTUNE World's Most Admired Companies.®
We're looking for people who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us build on our incredible momentum, our diverse, engaged workforce, and our purpose to make the world of work, work better.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Platform X is a newly formed customer-focused innovation engineering team chartered with delivering radical, emergent data solutions beyond the “swiss army knife” relational database such as Column Stores, HTAP databases, ultra-scale distributed RDBMS, Time-Series databases, Key-Value, Graph databases and specialized database/indexing technologies for unstructured data and search and beyond.
Design, develop and drive revolutionary data-handling solutions to manage massive, ever-growing data sets. We’re fanatical about designing and building our own data-handling technologies and will also leverage a combination of progressive open source technologies and acquired commercial capabilities. By joining us on this mission, you have the rare opportunity to:
· Sign your name on the metal of a “greenfield” and disruptive database technology.
· Revolutionize and move the needle in database cloud computing.
· Leverage thousands of existing customers’ datasets to drive and test your solutions.
· Flex your 21st innovation skills in many of the emerging database technologies.
· Work on a number of ServiceNow C-Suite visible projects.
And, unlike startups or emerging database companies, we already have an eager and a ready set of customers urging us to solve critical data-driven outcomes. Expert-level experience and qualifications to be successful in this role include:
- 15+ years of database system architecture, scalability, reliability, internals and performance: cache, plan management, statistics collecting, cost model refactoring, adaptive query processing, query execution engine, memory management, massively parallel processing, etc.
- Query optimizer implementation, tuning, debugging and how optimizers work in concert with index configurations and implementations
- Large-scale data analytics and data warehousing
· Experience with internals of existing database engines such as MariaDB, Monet, Oracle, Redshift, Lucene, Cassandra, TiDB, CockroachDB, or others
· Performance optimization across multiple database engines
· “Hands on the keyboard” coding in C or Go
· Design and architectural patterns (e.g. high availability, disaster recovery, ACID, CAP, transaction management)
· Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field or equivalent work experience
We are passionate about our product and live for our customers. We are hungry and humble, but we have high expectations. Joining ServiceNow is an opportunity to better yourself personally and professionally while solving real, 21st century data computing challenges.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at +1 (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.