For 25 years, Getty Images has embraced disruption and change; riding the digital wave to evolve from a fragmented, analog stock photo business into a multi-billion-dollar, global e-commerce industry leader and trusted brand. The breadth and quality of our content has always allowed our customers and partners to tell their stories with greater creativity and accuracy, eliciting more emotion and enabling more action. Getty Images moves the world, whether the goal is commercial or philanthropic, revenue-generating or society-changing, market-disrupting or headline-driving.
Help us move the world with images!
Getty Images is the most trusted and esteemed source of visual content in the world, with over 405 million assets available through its industry-leading sites www.gettyimages.com and www.istock.com. The Getty Images website serves creative, business and media customers in almost 200 countries and is the first-place people turn to discover, purchase and share powerful content from the world's best photographers and videographers.
Getty Images works with over 330,000 contributors and image partners to provide comprehensive coverage of more than 160,000 news, sport and entertainment events, impactful creative imagery to communicate any commercial concept and the world's deepest digital archive of historic photography. Getty Images is a world leader in visual content. With over 405 million assets, of which over 285million are digitized, encompassing the latest global news, sports, celebrity, music and fashion coverage; exclusive conceptual creative images; and the world’s largest commercial archive. New content is added daily, with 8-10 million new assets added each quarter.
We are inclusive of different voices, perspectives and experience. We believe diversity is critical to our mission to objectively reflect the world we live in and allow our customers to illustrate that world. This means including a diverse range of voices in our content, actively pursuing diversity in our team and sources of content and listening to our customers to make sure we are as open and responsive as possible.
Women, gender-nonbinary, people of color, LGBTQIA+ people and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Getty Images has access to hundreds of millions of images; your job is to help customers identify and discover only the highest quality and most relevant content for their brand, campaign, or side-project. In the growing industry of on-site search, we leverage visual intelligence, world class sorting and recommendation algorithms and natural language processing to capture and manifest the style and concepts of our customer's search needs.
This role requires extreme familiarity with the industry of Search and will allow you to lead with your passion and knowledge of search. We move the world with our imagery, and we want your help to drive this progress forward with relevance algorithms, image search, and natural language processing. This role will work very closely with product management, content, data science, and senior technology leaders to deliver cutting edge, impactful changes with speed and urgency, and will inspire those around them to raise the bar and deliver impact.
- Work with the other Principal Engineer to lead the search engineering team to deliver innovative and customer-impacting products
- Identify and remove obstacles in the way from achieving the fastest path to value
- Live and reinforce a Learn/Fail Fast culture
- Be a great partner to multiple cross-functional groups, with a singular focus on providing the best experience for our customers.
- Help establish and maintain a culture of quality and ownership for the search infrastructure.
- quickly deliver significant customer and business impact with search and AI/ML technologies.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge and experience working with large-scale search technologies, such as Solr and ElasticSearch
- Experience as a technical team leader
- Significant programming experience in a structured software development environment
- Significant experience designing, developing, and supporting large, enterprise class solutions
- Experience deploying cloud-hosted applications
- Ability to quickly and accurately estimate cost and effort needed to deliver a feature.
Education and Certifications:
- B.S./B.A. in Computer Science or equivalent quantitative field
- Master’s Degree preferred
Mental and Physical Demands:
- Frequent communication with others to exchange information.
- Occasionally moving objects up to 20 lbs and frequently moving objects up to 10 lbs.
- Frequent sedentary work that primarily involves sitting/standing; Time of each will vary.
- Constant operation of computer and frequent usage of other office machinery, including (but not limited to) calculator, copy machine, computer printer, etc.
- Constant assessment of accuracy and thoroughness of the work assignment.
Due to the current conditions and impact of Covid-19, this position will work from home. As we do not have a timeline to when conditions will improve, we are prepared to offer flexibility to support our employees remote working needs.
Getty Images is committed to providing Reasonable Accommodations and will work with you to meet your needs. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance to search for a job opening or to submit an online application, please email [email protected]
Visit Getty Images at www.gettyimages.com to learn more about how the company is advancing the unique role of still and moving imagery in communication and business, and enabling creative ideas to come to life.
For company news and announcements, visit our Press Room, and for the stories and inspiration behind our content, visit Stories & Trends.
Find Getty Images on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Tumblr, or download the Getty Images app where you can explore, save and share the world's best imagery.
Getty Images is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. Getty Images believes that diversity is critical to our success in moving the world with images and is committed to creating an inclusive, mutually respectful environment which celebrates diversity. We seek to hire on the basis of merit, competence, performance, and business needs.