We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
We are searching for you, a self-starter skilled senior engineer for our mobile platform and service tier that cares deeply about the customer to help deliver on our mobile strategy.
- Are a highly motivated engineer who has a desire to leverage your expertise but also can dive into lesser known areas of technology, architecture, or whatever is needed to solve engineering day-to-day challenges.
- Have an open and honest communication style that always puts the customer first “Will the customer be delighted with this?”.
- Are comfortable dealing with ambiguity and a shifting landscape.
- Are curious, willing to learn, share and improve.
What you’ll be working on:
- Innovate and modernize Zipwhip’s customer facing applications and services in Zipwhip’s texting platform
- Build highly scalable systems that handle millions transactions/second gracefully
- Lead technology and architectural decisions and continuing to evolve best practices for software development to ensure high quality delivery
- Work collaboratively cross-teams to design, develop, test, and deliver high quality code on a rapidly evolving product roadmap
The skills you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of software development experience shipping multiple customer facing products and services
- Strong experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, C#
- Experience with modern front-end technologies like React, Angular, or TypeScript
- Strong Experience with Service Oriented Architectures (SOA), object-oriented programming and design patterns
- 2+ years of experience in architecting end-user experiences working with services & client applications
- Proven experience designing and building scalable systems, including web applications, services, and REST APIs
- Big plus for experience developing Android or iOS apps (Java, Kotlin, Swift, Objective-C)
- Commitment for engineering practices (ex. as automated testing, unit testing, CI/CD)
- Demonstrated technical leadership experience with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoy learning and ramping up on new technologies quickly
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- We value diversity and strive to create an environment where everyone can feel safe, valued, empowered, and connected.
- A fun, lively startup culture and a brand new Headquartered office in Seattle (we can’t wait to get back there post COVID) We don’t just talk the talk. Our award-winning culture stems from having a core set of values that are lived daily and are at the forefront of all we do.
- Ample opportunities for professional growth, internal advancement and movement, and company-supported learning.
- Competitive compensation and stock options.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, retirement plan options, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Virtual wellness offerings (yoga, meditation) and other wellness offerings.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a weekly Company update meeting (catered weekly lunch when on-site working) hosted by our CEO
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
This job is work from home friendly though occasional travel to Headquarters post COVID will be necessary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.