Principal Software Engineer
- Make a positive difference in other people's lives through your work - we’re revolutionizing healthcare for all
- Make a big contribution across the entire product stack in a small, passionate team
- Enjoy the fantastic views from our Smith Tower offices
Xealth, named one of the Best Small Places to Work in Seattle, is growing!
We’re improving healthcare for everyone by enabling doctors and patients to easily access digital content and services that are relevant, timely, and targeted. Incubated at Providence, we’re disrupting healthcare from the inside and are on a mission to change lives through technology.
Having recently announced a major new partnership that allows physicians to recommend physical products, we're growing our team, and looking for a Principal Software Engineer to join us in a broad role working across the entire product stack.
We build scalable applications, develop custom recommendation engines, and run on a modern cloud-based platform - all while integrating tightly into 3rd party EMR and practice management systems. We’re a skilled, passionate team with a track record of success - and are thrilled to be applying our efforts improving healthcare options for everyone.
We offer a unique opportunity to do something meaningful in a fantastic work environment while developing your engineering skills in a variety of modern web technologies.
As a Principal Engineer at Xealth, you will
- Join a small team writing reusable, testable code
- Architect efficient, scalable web applications
- Design, develop, and maintain server-side applications using Node.js
- Design and develop RESTful Web Services, microservices, APIs, and other interfaces to 3rd party EMR systems like Epic and Cerner
- Work in a cross-functional team that reaches across our entire product
- Prioritize multiple tasks intelligently, speak up when you see issues
- Make a real, positive difference in other people's lives through your work
- Other interesting tasks as needed
Our ideal Principal Engineer will have:
- 7+ years of development experience working on SaaS, cloud, or related applications in an Open Source environment
- Experiences designing cloud based, scalable server side architecture solving complex business problems
- A track record of mentoring and leading other engineers
- Degree in Computer Science, ideally including coursework in algorithms, data structures, software design, operating systems, and/or strong CS fundamentals
- Bonus points for: Experience with Open Source technologies, particularly Linux or Docker, experience building data streams utilizing AWS, Kinesis, Athena, or similar, exposure to the healthcare industry, previous startup experience
"Xealth will dramatically improve the connection between patients and clinicians."
- Rod Hochman, MD, President & CEO, Providence St. Joseph Hospital
Xealth enables healthcare teams to order digital content, services, and OTC items as easily as they do medications. Patients can then access these digital health prescriptions from the provider's portal, so that they can actively manage their health - improving both client care, and the doctor-client relationship.
Xealth spun out of Providence St. Joseph's Digital Integration Group in 2016. Based in Seattle, the company was founded by the team of serial entrepreneurs behind Swype, an innovative keyboard that reach over 1 billion users, and Boost Mobile, now a Sprint service generating over $5 billion in revenue.
Learn more about us at www.xealth.io